How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robert M. Your Own Question
Robert M.
Robert M., Consultant
Category: Computer
Satisfied Customers: 9044
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
Type Your Computer Question Here...
Robert M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have two hard drives (I'll call them A & ) that I put into

Customer Question

I have two hard drives (I'll call them A & B) that I put into an icy dock. I wasn't aware that the switch on the back of the icy dock was not set on JBOD. Now drive B has been overwritten and is an exact duplicate of drive A. Is there any way to recover the data and restore drive B? Help please.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

short answer is no.

Think of an audio tape that you had a favorite song on and then you accidentally recorded something else over it. The first song is gone. It has physically been replaced.

Now it might be possible to get some of it back if the new data did not fill the drive and parts were not actually written over but just marked as deleted.

this program can do a pretty good job of looking for anything that is still actually on the drive.

But you wont ever get everything back. some MAYBE.