GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

Viet, You would have fixed my printer problem had I given

Customer Question

Viet, You would have fixed my printer problem had I given you the correct OS for my computer. It is Vista basic, not Windows 7. My BAD, sorry.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am available to assist you immediately, however if you would prefer to wait for Viet, I understand. Please advise.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Geek Gal, please proceed. Give my thx and apolegy to Viet
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

I will do that. Can yo give me a moment to review the previous notes, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Phone not necessary - please sent driver for Vista OS and Brother printer.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Absolutely. I will have to to you momentarily. I do apologize for my delayed response. It seems that internet connection "hiccupped" and I lost it temporarily.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Can you give me the exact model of the printer please so I can be sure to send you the correct file? For some reason, I am not able to access th previous notes in their entirety.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alison, I repeat. The printer is a Brother HL - 2140.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much! One moment, please.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Here is the link where you can download the file. I can also connect to you remotely and download and install it for you while you watch if you would like.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl2140_all&os=74&dlid=dlf003211_000&flang=8&type3=408

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

That particular download, while the smallest, therefore the fastest is for the printer driver only. If you would like to have the full program with all of the bells and whistles, please use this link and follow th e on screen instructions.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl2140_all&os=74&dlid=dlf003193_000&flang=8&type3=11

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Do you need assistance with the installation of the driver?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

It is wonderful that your daughter wants to learn advanced Java coding and advanced microsoft sql server coding. It is a highly valued skill in today's job market. I would like to take a little time to give you a well thought discussion of the options (with links as requested). You can expect to hear from me within the next hour or so. Is that acceptable to you?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry. Please ignore that last comment. I was typing in the wrong box. Please let me know how things are going with the installation of the printer driver for your Brother HL - 2140 printer.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please be kind and take a moment to rate me so I will be paid for my time. If you are not satisfied, please do not issue a rating until you have provided me with an opportunity to address any remaining questions or issues. Your complete satisfaction is my goal!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Is your Brother Hl - 2140 printer working correctly for you now? Were my instructions helpful to you?