I have just bought a HP Officejet Pro 8625 and am having

Customer Question
I have just bought a...
I have just bought a HP Officejet Pro 8625 and am having trouble setting it up. when I took the plastic off the screen it changed the language to chinese and now I can't get back the English. Help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
1/3/2016
Tech Support Specialist: Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

I am very sorry this happened to you, and i know how frustrating it can be when this happens....so lets fix it, shall we!

.

So, in order to get the Chinese to go away, you would have to navigate the chinese settings to select it back to english. That is just too hard, if not impossible.

.

So, what we will have to do, is called a FACTORY RESET. SO that it resets the printer back to the way it was when it was BRAND NEW. You will have to set it back up again. Meaning you will have to select the language again....only this time....you will select English.

.

Please give me a momnet to find the user manual, and give you the instructions on how to FACTORY RESET. Which is different than just a normal reset.

.

Please check back here often.....i should have an answer here in the next 15 minutes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK thanks

So, after reading the Manual, the instructions for Factory Reseting the printer require that you be able to navigate the touch panel on the printer itself.

.

Which i dont think is going to work. However, it is only 3 steps to get it to reset. So maybe we could do it, eve though it is in chinese.

.

Heres the instructions, see if you can figure out what the SETUP touch button looks like. It should look like this 安装

.

To restore the printer to the original factory settings
1. From the printer control panel display, touch and slide your finger across the screen and then touch Setup (安装).
2. Touch Tools. (工具)
3. Touch Restore Factory Defaults (恢复出厂默认设置) , and then touch Yes (是的).
A message appears stating that the printer defaults have been restored.
4. Touch OK (行).

Think you can do this?

.

If not, you can take a picture of screen, and then send to me, and i can tell you what to push at each step of the way.

.

But that will be cumbersome, and time consuming.....but im willing to do it....if you are

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried a photo and it doesn't come out so you could see it ...what I now have on the screen is the date or at least giving you the option to pick the year and a day? number or month number. and I can only go forward - there is no back button. In addition I do not believe I should have to pay for this help as it was an error on HP - I was just taking off the film. If you want to talk with me that is fine but I'm now paying the extra 20 to do so...

The SETUP button has a picture next to it and it looks like 2 wheels, one big wheel, and one small wheel up and to the right of the big wheel.

.

But after that, i dont know.

Oh, well, if you are not going to pay, even if I do help you.....then i dont think we need to go any further.

.

This is a tech support website, I work in Tech support, and we are NOT affiliated with HP, or any tech company for that matter.

.

I only get paid when i help folks with their technical probelms or questions.

.

If you are not going to be satisfied, even if if do help you.....then there is no reason to go any further.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if you correct the problem I will pay but I think HP should be responsible. so you don't work for HP???

That is correct...i do NOT work for HP....but that does NOT mean i can NOT fix the issue. I am more than capalbe of helping you in this matter.

.

As far as HP being responsible, i can vouch for them as i am NOT affiliated with HP.

.

So, in an effort to resolve this matter, i suggest you try to UNPLUG the printer from the wall socket, and then WAIT 15 minutes, then PLUG it back in.

.

Because you have NOT completely gone through the setup process (still on the date setting) that unplugging the printer and waiting for 15 minutes to allow all the power to drain out from the printer, and then plugging it back in, SHOULD start the setup process over again. Which would allow you to go through the language setting again, only this time choosing English

So, did mt method of unplugging, and replugging the printer have any effect?

Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070