Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

How do i use my regular keyboard, haven't been able to get

Customer Question

how do i use my regular keyboard, haven't been able to get it to work...? don't want to use the onscreen keyboard?the onscreen kbd showed up after i had unplugged my desktop to go out of town for holidays?
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's a desktop all i one acer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
waiting...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Excuse me, when i got on here ,the screen said there were 3 experts waiting for my question...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am waiting for a response to my question my email is ***********@yahoo.com and $5.00 has been deducted out of my acct.
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Can we setup a remote session to troubleshoot?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dont have a job to keep paying
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you have already been charged $28.00 and i still have not gotten an answer
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

It won't be charged unless you're satisfied, but I need to remote in to fix the issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why is it you need to do a remote? i just want to use the external keyboard not the onscreen keyboard that keeps popping up.just tell me how to turn onscreen off...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sir, you have already taken the money out of my acct.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please return my money to my acct. i have waited for a simple solution and your suppose to be an expert. i do not like the onscreen touch keyboard and i want to the external keyboard. thank for your time...
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

I offered remote support and you didn't want it. I'm not sure what the issue is without looking at it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i didnot know about connecting remotely to fix the issue. or about another charge. it said i would not be charge for the service until i receive the solution. they ha d already taken the money out.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you haven't been pleased so far. Perhaps I can help. Do you know what version of Windows you are running? If you can tell me that I may be able to walk you through turning off the on-screen keyboard.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

If it is Windows 8, you can fix this by going to Control Panel , then to "Ease of Access" and "Ease of Access Center", then "Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard" and uncheck "Use On-Screen Keyboard" (if checked).

If it is not checked, then that's not the issue. Please let me know if this helps or not, Thanks!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. This is Alison. Like you I am a user of JustAnswer.com. I am a certified expert whose credentials, education, and work experience have been verified by JustAnswer.com. I do not receive any compensation until I have sucessfully helped you to resolve your issue. I can direct you to customer service if you wish to discuss billing matters. You may contact them at***@******.***.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Were the instructions that I provided to you for turning off the "Ease of Use" features helpful? If not can confirm for me that you are using Windows 8.1? if nt, can you tell me what operating system you are using?