Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a PC with Windows 10 operating system. While trying

Customer Question

I have a PC with Windows 10 operating system. While trying to download Rosetta Stone Spanish program, I encountered the following error message, "The installer has encountered an error and is unable to proceed". I contacted Rosetta Stone online, they directed me to a possible fix that did not work. They informed me it was a problem with the Event Log in Windows 10. Any suggestions?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. The problem wouldn't be caused by the event log but may be listed there to give you an idea of why the program crashed. Did you download the entire Rosetta program to install it or did they give you the option to install it while logged in to their web site?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was installing it while logged into their website.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Is it possible to download the entire program and then install it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It would download ok, but then I would get the same error message and could not proceed with installation.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Make sure you have downloaded the entire program and not just a loader. A loader is a small program that when executed connects you to the web site then installs the program. See if you can verify that you have the entire program downloaded. If so, restart your computer then try to install it and let me know the results.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK , will do
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Has the program been certified for Windows 10?