GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

Here. Windows 7 updateas were interrupted by power loss. Now

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, ***** ***** here. Windows 7 updateas were interrupted by power loss. Now it says reverting changes, but has done this for several hpurs/ nothing seems to be happening
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It was installing a large number of auto updates when power went off. Now on startup it just displays reverting
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** GeekGirl :). Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. Please keep in mind as we work together that it often takes more several steps and/or answers to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied. If I am unable to solve your problem, I will open it up to another expert who may be able to help. Your satisfaction is out top priority!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Let's begin by holding the power button down to turn off the computer. Restart your computer while holding down Shift + F12 to access boot options. Choose safe mode with networking.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

You should then be able to restore your computer to an earlier time, before the updates.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Here are specific instructions for restoring your computer to a previous time in Windows 7.

To restore system files and settings using a recommended restore point

1. Open System Restore by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type System Restore, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore.‍ If you're prompted for an administrator password ***** confirmation, type the password ***** provide confirmation.

2. Click Recommended restore, and then click Next.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

If there is not a recommended restore point, click Next.

Click the restore point that you want, and then click Next.

To view the programs and drivers that will be affected (which could include programs that will be deleted), click Scan for affected programs.

Review the restore point, and then click Finish.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Your computer will restart after the restore is complete and it shoudl be fine. If not, please let me know. If you do not feel comfortable performing these tasks yourself I can offer you an additional service, remotely accessing your pc and doing it for you, while you watch.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

If you are satisfied with my answers and this has solved your problem, kindly rate my answer. If you aren't satisfied, please don't rate me until you are. Just in case I am not online when you return, or even if I am and you would prefer a phone call, you can accept the offer that I made for additional service. I will be notified and will contact you right away. Thanks!