I have an HP laptop. Using the keypad to move the curser. I

Customer Question
I have an HP laptop...
I have an HP laptop. Using the keypad to move the curser. I cannot control where the curser goes and is very irritating and time consuming to type anything. How can this be fixed, please?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
12/31/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Robert M., Consultant replied 2 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

if it used to work recently

try doing a system restore to a time when it did work. If that does not work we can look at the actual causes and solutions but the system restore is a very fast and easy way to fix a lot of problems and it is a logical first step

System restore instructions - windows 7 or 8 or 10

hold the windows logo key down and hit R
type rstrui.exe in the run box that comes up and hit enter

select restore to an earlier date.

Under the "suggested restore" which is usually not old enough to help is a link for "OTHER RESTORE POINTS"
click that if the suggested ones are not BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTED

choose a date that is BEFORE you experienced the problem

hit ok / restore

the computer will start to shut down

a restoring settngs box will appear with a status bar

when it finishes your computer will restart with the same settings it had on the date you restored to. your data will not be affected.

It is not perfect. But it fixes a lot of things.

Robert M., Consultant