Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I purchased Win 10 Pro which initially loaded OK. Then I

Customer Question

I purchased Win 10 Pro which initially loaded OK. Then I installed Office 2013, again OK. Then I purchased Outlook 2013 and from that point on I have had nothing but trouble. Many security info requests from MS and many removals and re installs of both Outlook and 10. I contacted "Just Answer" and agreed to a fee via VISA for an answer (order #1590468). Visa thought you folks were trying to spam my account and did not process your request for payment. Hopefully this problem is now fixed and you will now address the reason 10 will not reload and just keeps trying load its set-up files, over and over etc. Please help or arrange for a re-fund of Win 10 Pro.
Richard Sumner (###) ###-####***@******.***
ps: I am sending this e-mail from a reloaded XP system
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

quite frankly if you are trying to put win 10 on a computer that originally came with XP it may not be fully compatible. If asked i would have recommended against it. There are some major bios issues because win 10 wants a uefi compatible bios and that was not available when XP was sold. Also most xp era computers will run very slow on win 10 even if they can handle it.

You can check the compatibility on this website

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/upgrade-assistant-download-online-faq

If you did a CLEAN install by wiping everything off and reformatting the drive and you get security issues i would suggest doing it one more time and make sure that you pick the option to use a microsoft email address as your login ID. MS programs expect that when they see win 8 or 10. The windows 8 or 10 login with the ms email address is what grants your rights to all the ms programs that were registered under that email address.

If you want to try that it might work. If you want to return the win 10 that would probably save you a lot of hassles going forward until you can purchase a computer designed for win 10. You need to contact the people that you purchased it from to get a refund however.