Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

My mail app stopped working Stapes ran diagonstics and said

Customer Question

my mail app stopped working Stapes ran diagonstics and said it was because of the latest update. I can do nothing with it (uninstall). this is a 11 dell
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

Unfortunately, some computer manufacturers will put some programs onto their computers and call them the INCLUDED programs so they can say they are giving you some FREE software programs.

.

These programs can include Email, or picture programs, and because they are BUILT-IN they are also UN-deletable. Well for the novice computer user they are undeletable. NOTHING is UNDELETABLE....but it is VERY difficult, and really not worth removing...just dont use them, and ignore them.

.

These included programs are also not very well written, and they cause error messages, and crash or freeze regularly. Again, they arent really intened to be used (which is kind of funny) they are simply there for marketing purposes. YOu know, so they can say: "INCLUDED WITH YOUR NEW DELL COMPUTER ARE ALL THESE PROGRAMS FOR FREE".

.

But the average user goes to use them, and they are CRAP programs and dont work very well.

.

So what is a person to do?

Use a reputable program! So if you want a versitile email client program.....i would reccommend only 2.

.

The first comes from Microsoft and is called Outlook, and it costs money to purchase it. But its is very powerful and stable! Great Email program!

.

Second is called Thunderbird, made by Mozilla, the same folks who made Firefox Web Browswer. Again GREAT email program!

.

Does all that make sense? Any followup questions?