Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I just bought a new Apple computer I bought the microsoft

Customer Question

I just bought a new Apple computer
I bought the microsoft program for the old Apple computer
Do i have to purchase a new program(product key) for this new computer?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

What Microsoft program software you have with the old computer, let me know so that i can identify and let you know if you can install it on your new computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
microsoft messenger for mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

can you tell me how old is it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
probably 5years old.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

You can give it a try however messenger should not ask for a new key the old key should work. There could be a compatibility issue with the new version of messenger as it might not work if it not compatible then you can download a free Microsoft messenger from the link given below.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

There is an optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($22). It is 100% safe which will allow me directly work on the problem and can be fixed quickly, you can sit back and watch your screen while i fix it for you. Let me know if you need the additional service or else we can continue with the service you have already opted for.
let me know if you want to opt for remote assistance. Thank you.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

let me know if you have any question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is still asking for for either for my product key or for me to purchase a product on line although i went on line and downloaded the productalso I just want to verify that my interaction with you is a one time $36 arrangement and not a contract for any more service in which my card would be debited monthly
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

it should be a one time charge and not a contract if you have not signed in for monthly subscription. If you still have a billing question you may contact customer care. I will provide you the link.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

you may enter the product key and if it does not accept then you will have to download and install it from the link i gave.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Customer care:

Call our Toll-Free Customer Service

US/Canada : 1.***-***-****
Available 6am to 6pm PST

International
Available 24/7 for calls from outside US/Canada:
Australia : 1800-679-634
New Zealand : 0800-452-621
United Kingdom : 0***-***-****
The rest of the world : 1-***-***-****

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
was the product key the link that you sent for me and which i tried or is it something else
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

click on the link it will open a webpage where you will see a green download button click on it and it will download MS messenger as a dmg install file on your mac, after the download is complete open the .dmg file and run the installation and it will not ask you for any password ***** you are prompted for a passcode you enter the mac login password ***** if you do not know the mac passcode then you can reset the Mac account passcode from the link given below.