Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

How do I learn to operate my lenovo tab 2 A8-50 which was a

Customer Question

how do I learn to operate my lenovo tab 2 A8-50 which was a gift from my son-in-law.
I only have the condensed instructions and need to learn how to operate this machine.
I need to know where the model number, and where to find the other important numbers
should I need assistance.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mimi. My name is***** you for you question and the opportunity to assist.

This is what your tablet looks like (see attachment) It also comes in black and white.

The link below is to the officia Lenovo user guide:

https://cc.cnetcontent.com/inlinecontent/mediaserver/len/f9e/0ea/f9e0ea762aa140b7bcc224cdb6cb5762/original.pdf

Although the user manual does contain a Lenovo North Carolina address and phone number

toward the end of the document the best support options are here on the internet:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/contactusmidh

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mimi. If there is anything else I can help you with please let me know.

If you're all set please take a moment before leaving to provide a

rating using the stars at the top of the page.

It would be much appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been charging my tablet for the past 2 hours and the screen is still black. When do I get the tablet with the programs and icons that I can use? Where do I turn on the tablet? I have been pressing various buttons and no changes have been noticed. After I turn on the "turn on" button, the picture will appear for a while then turn black right away; is there something wrong with the tablet? It keeps on sending a message to upgrade the system to the latest version... can I do that at no extra cost? Does this mean that every time I send you a message for clarification I have to pay you for every answer you provide?
I am not familiar with this system. I know how to use a computer, but not a tablet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tablet says there is no connection! Why? I thought this was already programmed and downloaded with facebook, etc.
I need a tutor at home to teach me how to use this tablet. I cannot afford you on line! Sorry, but I am 80 year old senior just learning to use the tablet. I think I will stick with the computer! Thanks.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

You will need to connect to your home network in order to browse the internet. Let me know if you would like forme to give you a call and walk you through it I will be happy to do so.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

tablets tend to go into screen saver mode in a few seconds of non use to save power. you just have to tap the power switch again to turn it on again.

to connect it to the internet ( unless it has a gps capability with a monthly fee ) you need to have a wifi router available and know the passkey

if you click on settings and then wifi it will show you a list of routers

select yours and put in the key

once that hooks up once it should remember it and you wont have to worry about it anymore

the upgrade should be free but you wont be able to run it until you connect to your wifi as above