Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  25 Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

My Apple Macbook Pro has had word on it, many years, and

Customer Question

My Apple Macbook Pro has had word on it for many, many years, and suddenly it disappeared and I cannot get the office prompts I am getting to set it up or find it or whatever. You cannot imagine what I have stored on this word account.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

Even if something has happened to your application, your documents should still be where they were - they are actually totally separate. So don't worry about the documents getting lost.

You are looking for a folder named "Microsoft Office 2011".

It belongs in your Applications folder, but you can't search that folder with spotlight/finder, you need to scan your Applications folder manually, Spotlight doesn't work there.

If the folder is not there, next check your Trash folder. If you find it there, right-click and choose "Put back".

Otherwise, assume that you may have "moved" it mistakenly. This can happen with an errant click and drag... Check the other folders near Applications first. If it was dragged, that's most likely where it would have been dragged. Then check the folders close to where "Microsoft" would appear in your Applications folder.

Otherwise, you will need to re-install and re-update it. Once you do, you will be able to open your word documents again without a problem. Please let me know if this answers your question or if you need additional help.