Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  25 Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

My name is ***** *****. I am trying to get my hp mini 311

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I am trying to get my hp mini 311 back to factory. i was thinking of installing linux on it.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The computer is running extremely slow. When i first got this computer from verizon i used it to download a lot of Music and Movies and not in the most legal way. Now I would like to restore it to get rid of anything i may have caught because of the downloads so i can use it for traveling
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I guess
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

"Not in the most legal way". I hear ya. Everything has a price. I know.

What operating system is on it now?

Your approach is the best one. The only way to be sure is a reset. If it came with Windows, and you just want to put Windows back on it, you should be able to use the built in recovery.... Click "Start" and open "All Programs". Select "Recovery Manager", then click "Recovery Manager" again. Click on "System Recovery" at the bottom of the left hand column. Follow the prompts to restore your computer to factory settings. That's definitely the easiest way.