Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

My name is ***** *****. My printer is a Dell V525W, and

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** Davis. My printer is a Dell V525W, and since I upgraded to Windows 10 it won't print! What can I do to re-install it?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: After I upgraded to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8, I had to put that I wanted to use the Dell V525W instead of using a Microsoft printer. It is the one that wants me to print with now, but I don't have it. I still have the Dell. If I can't get it to print, I will get one of my daughters to help me or my son.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes. My son and daughters will be here on Christmas Eve about 5:30 or 6:00, and I may need them to help get it to printing. I am not a very wise person about changing things on my computer. If they can't help me then, I might have to get one of them to come over on Saturday during the day. Anyway, I am a little disappointed about having to pay for this after I did what you wanted me to do and upgrade to Windows 10. But if I have to I will. I need my printer, and I don't want to buy a new one.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer that the Windows 10 is wanting me to use is One Note, but I don't have that printer. I have a Dell V525W, and I don't want to buy a new printer. I would like for you to wait until Christmas Eve or after Christmas maybe on Saturday to help me install the Dell V525W when my son or daughter can be here, unless you can install it for me. If you can install it for me without me having to do a lot of things to install it, that would be great!
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please download and install the Dell V525w All-in-One Wireless Inkjet Printer driver / software for Windows 10 at the Dell website below:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=MFYJT

; there, click on Download File to download and install.

; (if needed, also download at http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=FMJV6)

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not now! You told me that if you solved my problems that I would just to have to pay either $30 or $35, not an additional $9.00. I will try to get my son to install the printer. Don't charge me anything else right now. You have my credit card no., so don't charge me anything else or I will tell the authorities about you!

I'm sorry for the confusion. Please allow me to clarify. The additional $9 is only optional; it is for remote support, which I would connect remotely to your computer and do all the troubleshooting steps for you. If you do not want that, then you can just follow my instructions above (did you see / try my solution?). Or I can reduce the extra remote support fee to $5, or I can even waive it for you; I can connect remotely to your computer and fix this issue quickly for you without any additional charge.

Please let me know your option. We will make sure you will be satisfied at the end; we guarantee our service, so don't worry. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.