Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

The little circle beside the pointer of my mouse is

Customer Question

Customer: The little circle beside the pointer of my mouse is constantly blinking and it won't stop
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've done a system restore point and it works for a day or two but it starts up again
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

that usually means that something is running either what you are doing or something in the background that is taking all of the computer resources.

if you hit ctrl alt delete and then select task manager you may be able to see what application or service is running with all of the cpu

if so you can right click on it and select end task

Otherwise i can log in remotely and take a look at the whole system and see what is screwing it up. probably something got removed when you did the restore but it either reloaded itself or it was part of something that you loaded yourself.