Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I have computer windows 10. We have and are still having

Customer Question

I have computer windows 10. We have and are still having telephone problem for a week or more and we aren't the only ones in Tooele, Utah
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

is this an issue with a land line phone that has a really noisy line ?

what you want to do is fine the place where the phone line actually comes into the house. there should be a test jack there that you can plug your phone into. If it works well plugged into that jack than the problem is with your wiring in your house. If it has issues right from that jack than the problem is with the phone company and you have to just keep telling them to fix it.

You want to use a phone set that you know works well to do the test. even if you have to take it to a neighbor or friends house who is not having an issue to test whether your phone works well plugged into their lines.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are old people and I have fition problems. I didn't get an appt. time, date or anything.
Please let me know.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

we are not the phone company. The best i can do is get you their number and tell you what to say to them. i want to be clear though that this is a land line and not a cell phone or an internet phone ?

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

most phones you can get the company by dialing 611

what you want to tell them is that the problem has been going on for some time and is not resolved and you want them to ESCALATE it and get you a service man at your house.

escalate is a key word that will raise the priority and send it to a higher level of support.