Windows 10 black screen problem after trying to install a

Customer Question
world clock app...
Windows 10 black screen problem after trying to install a world clock app
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
12/20/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

let me know when you are ready. Are you able to login to windows or its just black.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just black
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Press and hold down the power button for 10 seconds on the computer and let it shut down and wait for 2 to 3 mins. power it back on and let me know are you able to boot to windows.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Mssage says yur computerran into some problemsandneeds toreboot itnormally does this twiceandgoes black again
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Does it cost more to talk to you

yes a phone service will cost a $20 in addition.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Lets go wih texting for the moment

press ctrl alt and delete key on the black screen and let me know if you get any option window.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing happens

reboot the computer and once you see the power option click on the power button while holding he shift key and then select restart.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I ont realy understand that. Iturned thr pc off the on again and eld he shift key .i get an error kmode exception no handled thic comes up when it says that it will shut down aspery previous error message
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My typing is hopeless hope you can read i

do you see the power option on the desktop screen?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

what is there on the screen?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is just black

push and hold down the power button and let it shut down completely wait for 2 mins and power it back on and do keep the shift key pressed while it tries to boot up.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok will d

ok

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It jscmes p with samemessage your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart and then the kmodeerror
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
After installing thorld clock app I lickedon restart. It said that someone was still workingonthe pc so I clicke restart anyway. That is when it would not restart properly

as of now your screen is blank..is that correct

let me know the make and model of the computer

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
still black. I dont know the make.I bought it new from my companies I.T. tech it is almost 5 yrs old. The win 10 was working fine until I installed the app

is it a desktop or laptop

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Desktop tower model

ok now here are the options we have

the app caused some corruption in windows due to which now its run into a loop where it goes back to blank screen after each reboot

the recovery options thus are limited as there is no way we can get into windows and try recovering or repairing it

we would need either recovery discs or windows disc preferably of the previous version of windows you had before upgrading to windows 10

before we decide waht option we can try let me know do you backup your data on external storage regularly

also please give me few mins..i am checking all possibilities on my end that can be tried in this case

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Last back up was a couple of months ago

which version of windows you had before the windows 10 upgrade

also do you have windows disc or any recovery discs that you might have created

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Windows7 professional . Trying to find original discs but no luck so far.

ok before we attempt a reinstallation, there are few sequence i would still like to give a try once just to be sure we have exhausted all other options

restart computer and tap the f8 key...let me know if you reach any menu

if not on the blank screen itself, hold down the shift key and while keeping it pressed , press the power button\ restart button once on tower to restart the computer..do not release the shift key

let me know if you get any other different screen other than the blank screen

let me know and i will suggest further

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tried all that but only get the blu scren with error message

in that case the only possibility would be to do a clean install windows 7

this would however wipe the hard drive erasing everything on the computer and then a fresh copy of windows 7 will be installed

you would need the windows 7 disc for it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't find it th moment. May be in the attic

well in that case, what i can do here is i will share a link that has the steps to install windows 7 with pictures for your ease

you can find the disc and the run a windows install of windows 7

however as i said at this point there is no way to recover the data on your computer and it will be lost

i am listing the steps below along with the link

insert the windows 7 disc and restart computer and tap the f12 key

you will reach a one time boot menu

select the cd\dvd drive option and press enter

as soon as you see the message press any key to boot from cd, press enter

windows 7 will start loading

here is link to see the pictures of the process screen by screen

http://www.windows7professional.windowsreinstall.com/windows7installguides/indexfullpage.htm

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks for your time

let me know if you have any questions

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further

let me know if you need any help on this issue further

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will have to see if i can esolve before i can give a rating. Yor website came up on search in answer to my query. Then i input my issue and your site aid that it could resolve the problem for $50. I am quite stresed at the moment so will reserve my rating for now

sure no problems...

Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist