Can not get my Maxify fax to send or receive messages. when…

Hello. My name...

Hello. My name is ***** ***** not get my Maxify fax to send or receive messages. when the phone is hooked up it does work.

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It is a new maxify mb2320. I have tried to both send and receive... Read full answer

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It is a new maxify mb2320. I have tried to both send and receive info....zip .

Technician's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

I don't really have a choice, do I

12/19/2015
Jason Carlamere

Hello - is there a message displayed on the Fax standby screen ?

only that it is standing byIt has the priority, enter the number, function list, status, which is standby, Directory and redial. entire screen

ok - So I just checked the manual for your model all in one and for faxing you must in fact have the phone line attached in order for the functionality to work. Below is the manual for your future reference.

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/3/0300016043/01/MB2300ser_OnlineManual_Win_EN_V01.pdf

The phone line is attachedit is a dedicated line, in fact

oh - i'm sorry. In the original post I thought you said it worked with the phone attached.

Can you run the user data list report for me and post the results.

Tap Fax - then Function List - then Print/Report lists - then select user's data list

is the number

were you able to run the report above ?

I have it.

what does it show for phone type ? can you take a picture of it and upload it ?

I am not sure how to upload it here, I have it on my phoneI did say that it worked with the phone hooked up. but I meant the phone worked, not the fax, just to let you know that I am sure that the line is functional

ok no problem - what does it show your settings are for phone type and detect dial tone (on or off)

fax user settings?Let me start at the top, that way I know you are getting what you neeed

Yes - let me ask you - In one of the posts above there is a link to your model manual - in there there is a troubleshooting section that has about 6 things to check.. Have you done that ?.. I was asking you to run the report so that I can verify that your settings are correct in particular the "detect dial tone" and the "phone type" settings

Fax settings Tel. priority Mode
Receive mode setting Off
Manual/Auto Switch OnFax user Settings
Unit Tel no.
Unit Name
Telephone Line type Touch ToneAdv. Fax Settings
Auto Redial: On
Redial times 2times
Redial interval 2Minute(s)
Dial Tone Detect Off
Pause Time Settings 2second(s)
TTI position OUTSIDE IMAGE
REMOTE RX ON
REMOTE RX ID 25
COLOR TRANSMISSION IF INCOMPATABLE, END
RX IMAGE REDUCTION ON
REDUCTION DIRECTION VERTICAL ONLYADV. COMMUNICATION
ECM TX ON
ECM RX ON
TX START SPEED 336000 bps
RX START SPEED 336000 bps

ok - so according to your machine it does not think that the telephone line is connected. You should see your number under the fax settings. You need to register your phone number with your machine.

Goto this link http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/3/0300016043/01/MB2300ser_OnlineManual_Win_EN_V01.pdf

and search for the section "Registering User Information" and put in your phone number and give it a name

AUTO PRINT SETTINGS
RECEIVED DOCUMENTS PRINT
ACTIVITY REPORT PRINT
TX REPORT PRINT
ATTACH TX IMAGE NO
RX REPORT DO NOT PRINT
PRINT.WHEN OUT OF INK DO NOT PRINT
AUTO SAVE SETTING OFF
SECURITY CONTROL
FAX NUMBER RE-ENTRY OFF
CHECK TX FAX INFO OFFIT SAYS FILE NOT FOUND

this link says file not found - I just copied and pasted it into my browser and it came up..

THE FIRST TIME YES, IT SAID FILE NOT FOUND. I DID IT A SECOND TIME, AND IT CAME UP, BUT I AM SURE NOT FINDING WHERE IT SAYS TO REGISTER A PHONE NUMBER VERY EASILY.

ok no problem - click control - f or goto the menu and click edit find an search for it

And it is Registering User Information- search for that

I have attached a screenshot of the screens from the manual for you to reference when configuring your machine

0c20420c-8a6f-4a68-9816-...png0c20420...png28f0c482-c5bd-4a9b-9e8c-...png28f0c48...png30299442-17be-459f-a33d-...png3029944...pngeba1ba00-d74c-4d24-9c4d-...pngeba1ba0...pngf7733f5d-a6b8-4aaa-a969-...pngf7733f5...pngde56d006-e3a0-407d-9e08-...pngde56d00...png
I JUST FOUND SOMETHING THAT SAYS FAX.

Great - there are two fax sections - one for setting it up and one for faxing. Did you see my pictures of the manual i uploaded ?

DO YOU KNOW IF I AM SUPPOSED TO JUST RUN WITH THE NUMBER, OR SPACES WHERE WE ARE USED TO THEM?NVR MIND, JUST FOUND IT

no spaces

TY, I DID THAT

ok great - you should be all set once you hit register

Jason Carlamere
I haven't opened them yetI am finished, it will work now?will the phone also work?
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
New cannon maxify mb2320 printer. Can not hook to wi-fi,
New cannon maxify mb2320 printer. Can not hook to wi-fi … read more
Computer Technican,
HOW CAN i ORDER A MANUAL FOR MY CANON PRINTER MB2320.
Second opinion] hOW CAN i ORDER A MANUAL FOR MY CANON PRINTER MB2320… read more
Sheri
Sheri
Can't receive a fax message: my mx472 says "off hook"
can't receive a fax message: my mx472 says "off hook" however it is not. it also is a dedicated line. recommends replacing black ink. black ink is not a problem. Ink replacing/cost is an entirely diff… read more
Stop searching for answers—
My computer uses Windows XP service pack 3. While I have successfully
My computer uses Windows XP service pack 3. While I have successfully sent faxes in the past, right now when I complete the authoring process , get a note of successful completion of authoring, and tr… read more
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Bachelor's Program
my hp1040fax machine dial tone die. can t use to print and
my hp1040fax machine dial tone die. can 't use to print and fax. I use my 2nd phone line foe fax. my 2nd lin wireless line is working but the fax machine is not.… read more
Our doctor brought into the office a HP office jet K60 fax
Our doctor brought into the office a HP office jet K60 fax machine for us to use for a fax machine only. We do not have a manual for it. We are trying to hook it up and thought we had it but our fax w… read more
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
My all in one will not receive a fax. I recently got a new
My all in one will not receive a fax. I recently got a new computer and all software for the hp was installed and is working fine otherwise, but will not receive a fax.… read more
J.Consults
J.Consults
Senior Consultant,
MBA
I dont have a home phone line use cell. I am going to use
I don't have a home phone line use cell. I am going to use magic jack to work my fax only Question is: Do I need to plug some sort of phone in just to activate the device and get a phone number or can… read more
Greg G
Greg G
Director of Information Technology,
Most credits towards B.A. acquired
we have am epson 500 workforce printer/fax/copier we just had
we have am epson 500 workforce printer/fax/copier we just had anew phone line installed that is hooked up to an answering machine as well but our fax will not pick up to when phone rings so we cant re… read more
my sister just faxed me a document which did not print. This
my sister just faxed me a document which did not print. This is a new machine and I wonder if I did somethimg wrong. HELP ME PLEASE.....… read more
Jim Bayliss
Jim Bayliss
Senior MSP Engineer,
I am having a problem with my Epsom Workforce 500. I am able
I am having a problem with my Epsom Workforce 500. I am able to send faxes, but am not able to receive them. I've tried all the suggestions in the manual and also have gone online and nothing seems to… read more
Network & System Administrator,
we use an hp laserjet 3390 all in one to fax. yesterday we
we use an hp laserjet 3390 all in one to fax. yesterday we changed from att to comcast for our service. I cannot send or receive a fax now. Comcast says it is not their fault...I have to slow the spee… read more
David L
David L
Stop searching for answers—
Why doesnt my HP Officejet Model 6500 not accept or print
Why doesn't my HP Officejet Model 6500 not accept or print any FAXED messages. It indicates that "Phone Off Hook" ? Checked phone line and cord connections, all connected properly.… read more
Support Technician,
I have an hp psc 2210 all-in-one. I have just hooked up a
I have an hp psc 2210 all-in-one. I have just hooked up a new dedicated telephone line to it to receive faxes and have set up using the fax wizard. The self-test report says that I am ready to receive… read more
Hardware Engineer,
My name isXXXXX just today hooked uo new Fax-modelMFC-7340,
My name isXXXXX just today hooked uo new Fax-modelMFC-7340, no fax comes theough. The LCD display reads recieving but I get nothing. HELP… read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
Canon Pixma MX700 serial AbhT31950 all in one has stopped faxing.
Canon Pixma MX700 serial AbhT31950 all in one has stopped faxing. I thorougly checked the phone lines and phone jacks. And plugged the machine directly into a phone jack, that I made sure was getting … read more
Cabletech
Cabletech
Computer Networking
I have a Brother MFC 685cw fax machine. For no apparent reason,
I have a Brother MFC 685cw fax machine. For no apparent reason, it is not receiving faxes all of a sudden. The phone line gets a proper dial done and I can successfully send a fax, but the machine doe… read more
Hardware Engineer,
A computer guy who fixed my computer also connected my Pixma
A computer guy who fixed my computer also connected my Pixma MP780 to it so I could send faxes. I'm on Vonage and don't have a 2nd line. I wasn't receiving phone calls, so I called myself from my cell… read more
David L
David L