How do you show the original vertical favorites list, after

Customer Question
loosing it, in the upper...
How do you show the original vertical favorites list, after loosing it, in the upper left side of each page? (originally imported from IE)(windows 8.1 is used, with my email address being:***@******.***)(chrome browser)
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/16/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Jerry Hannell, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell, Computer Support Specialist

Hello sir/madam, I would like to help you, please let me know when you are ready.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
don`t want the extra charge/offer at this time. to: ***** *****nel/tech

hi, are you using the computer in question?

did you lose your favorites bar in ie or chrome?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am by the computer, and Google Chrome was being used when the original favorites/book***** *****st was lost. Would all the sweepstake websites be also still on this list? (am I correct where it would be an additional one-time "extra" charge of $36 for a remote-access fix?) to: ***** *****nel/tech. Can we fix this issue with the original $36.00 charge?

can you please click the link below and run it. It will give you an ID and a password. Please tell me the ID and the password ***** I can connect to your desktop and fix the problem remotely.
link: http://tiny.cc/z5lvcx

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
To: ***** *****nel/tech, the ID# ***** ***** 840 790, and the password ***** ***** There`s no additional charge for this?

there is no additional charge,

is the program running now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I`m currently waiting in the "Window`s Live" email..

can you run the program again

link: http://tiny.cc/z5lvcx

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This time the password *****: 4673, with the ID# ***** same as before..(704 840 790)
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I thought you were going to remote access my computer?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I also show a password ***** 1000?

is the program working now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The favorites/bookmarks are not there yet..(import from IE?) (click-on located on the upper left side)
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just received the new passwords on the link mentioned..
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Again I used to access the favorites/bookmarks by clicking the "imported from IE" button located just under the current address bar on the upper left side..(any further questions, call me)
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The link given just revealed the new passwords with the same ID#..

there must be a problem with connection. I am out of ideas. Let me opt out and open this question to other experts. If no expert opts in back we can continue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hopefully this simple issue will be resolved before you (Jerry) leave for the day..
Tech Support Specialist: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 1 year ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is*****

It looks like Jerry is not available any more. If the problem is still there, I can assist you.

Let me know,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There was a drop-down list of my stored bookmarks upon clicking the "imported from IE" button in the Chrome browser. Again I would like to restore this. (it shows over 1100 items stored)(remote access?)(phone call?) I don`t want the bookmark bar..
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Again this bookmark drop-down list was located just under the web address location near the upper left side..

OK.

Since there could be several possible causes of the problem, I suggest we establish a remote desktop session so that I can see the problem myself and help you directly.

Please click on the link below to download a remote desktop assistance program so that I can remotely connect to your computer:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=c129ae06-df80-4d3f-8519-52dc4e52f9f7

When a new web page opens, click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.

Connected.

After detailed analysis, I realized that the bookmarks saved in the Google account went missing. Only those from Internet Explorer are available.

I don't know how to restore them, so will opt-out and allow other Experts to assist you with that.

Regards,

Tech Support Specialist: Robert M., Consultant replied 1 year ago
Robert M., Consultant

how long ago were they there ?

if it was in the last week or so you might be able to get them back by doing a system restore.

System restore instructions - windows 7 8 10

hold the windows logo key and hit R
in the box that appears type

rstrui.exe

hit enter

select restore to an earlier date.

Under the "suggested restore" which is usually not old enough to help is a link for "OTHER RESTORE POINTS"
click that if the suggested ones are not BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTED

choose a date from the calendar that is BEFORE you experienced the problem

hit ok / restore

the computer will start to shut down

a restoring settings box will appear with a status bar

when it finishes your computer will restart with the same settings it had on the date you restored to. your data will not be affected.

It is not perfect. But it fixes a lot of things.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What do you mean regarding the "logo" key? To: ***** ***** tech

it is the key on the keyboard that looks like the windows logo with 4 kind of squarish "windows" hold that down and press the R key and you will get a little run box on the screen

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
To Robert M./tech #3: I tried the "system restore" which seemed to make sense at no avail? Possibly I did something wrong? The before mentioned issue stated this AM. Jerry H. and IT Miro attempted to fix this issue and the system seemed to be worse. IE: there was over 1100 Chrome stored total bookmarks under "settings" and then clicking on "google dashboard". This total went down to one and then 288 under IT Miro`s attempts, tho I think this total changed when the IE #2 and 3 was changed to IE#1. Again since I use alot of sweepstake websites, and I use Chrome (even tho IE is also listed at bottom-left.) For speed and ease I use the Chrome drop-down (transferred from current IE) vertical web listings which seem to function better than the horizontal bookmark bar. Can you restore this drop-down web listings as it was yesterday? (windows 8.1) Are you familiar with this drop-down web list?
Robert M., Consultant