Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I can see myself during the videocall, but I can't see my

Customer Question

I can see myself during the videocall, but I can't see my friend's face.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
what is the software you are using to make video calls.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I usually just use the desktop app on my computer. I sometimes sign in to Chrome
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

are you using skype for video call or google chat or some other video call service

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Skype. My video works, but hers doesn't.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

ok and does this happen with one particular contact or you have tested video call with more than one person

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My parents have had it happen to themselves when they do video calls every once in a while. This is a first for me. I called another friend a few months ago. The same thing happened, but it was just call drops. I could see her face.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

if your video is going to the other person fine, then it means that your camera is fine...it has to be a problem with other person's camera

however if its happening on video calls for more than one person, we need to check further

let me know if this problem is happening with all people you are trying to do a video call with or just one specific person

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alright. With the call before the last, her camera was just blurry.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

can you try doing a video call with someone else

and check and let me know if you get their video

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My friend is going to do that with me today. I will let you know what happens.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

sure..will you do that right now or later today

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

if you dont face the same problem while on video call with your friend then it means that the problem is with the person's computer whose video does not show up

if however the same problem gets repeated with the video call with your friend then you can try reinstalling skype

to do so, open control panel..programs and features..locate the skype software and right click on it and uninstall

once removed, click on below link and download and install skype again

http://www.skype.com/en/

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

after reinstalling test skype video call with 2 people atleast and let me know how it goes

i will suggest further accordingly