How does Google keep information about searches IP

Customer Question
How long does Google keep...
How long does Google keep information about searches for different IP addresses? And how long do internet providers keep similar information? (Sorry, am not sure which category to put this question under).
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer
12/14/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Jerry Hannell, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell, Computer Support Specialist

hello sir/madam,

if you are logged in (Google Account) it is kept permanently in your account for more relevant search results based on your Web History. (even if you change your IP number, if you are logged in, search results will be based on your previous history)

if you don't have a google account (or you are not logged in), you information will be kept in a small text file (stored in your own computer) we call "cookie".

If you want to search and browse the web privately, you can activate the "incognito" mode in Google chrome or "in-private" mode in internet explorer. you can check this article for more information: https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/4540094

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay, thank you.
I'm not sure I understand how this actually works then.
If you are not logged into a Google account, the information must surely be stored somewhere external to your own PC?Is there any way to access your past searches on an account?

if you are not logged into a Google account, information is stored in your own computer, in a text file called "cookie" (cookies)

yes, from this page www.google.com/history you can Access all of your past searches.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is the information stored anywhere else by Google if you are not logged in?

no, it is not stored anywhere else. it is only stored in your own computer. if you want to delete your web history from your computer you need to go to settings > history and then click the "clear browsing data" button one time.

it looks like this

http://pad1.whstatic.com/images/thumb/e/e2/Delete-History-on-Your-Computer-Step-2Bullet2.jpg/670px-Delete-History-on-Your-Computer-Step-2Bullet2.jpg

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If a Google account has been accessed from a particular computer, would it necessarily appear on the list of options of accounts to sign into?

from another computer, if you checked the "Stay signed in" checkbox, YES, it will appear on the list of options of accounts to sign into. If you never checked this option, your account will not appear.

it looks like this

http://i.stack.imgur.com/ck1cG.png

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay thank you. The problem I'm having is that I can't remember all the Google accounts I have ever had. I know of three, and have access to two of them. Can you suggest a way that I might find others- for example is there a way to search by phone number, or by another email address that you gave when signing up?

hi, yes

https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/?hl=en

(can you select "i don't know my username" and continue)

Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell