active1065
active1065, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  several years of experience in programming,website and s/w development
18731947

Can you recommend a scanner (prefer portable) that I can

Customer Question

Can you recommend a scanner (prefer portable) that I can scanner many pages and transfer them in a flash driver? Thanks.
Category: Computer
Expert:  active1065 replied 1 year ago.

WHat's your budget and do you just need a scanner or a printer/scanner/copier

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are required to make many copies in an office by ourselves and believe it would be must fast to have a scanner to scan the pages to a flash driver. Budget about 5-600 hundred. We have a printer/scanner already but it works very slow. Thanks.
Expert:  active1065 replied 1 year ago.

Ok. i would recommend the

Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500

It is very fast in scanning and does well in both text recognition and business card scanning.

or the Canon imageFormula DR-C225

The Canon imageFormula DR-C225 document scanner delivers fast scans with excellent text-recognition accuracy, and it comes with a highly useful collection of top-tier application

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For ScanSnap and ImageForula: We can scan the documents to a flash driver? For black and white and colored? Thanks.
Expert:  active1065 replied 1 year ago.

Both can help you scan fast and both black and white images. However direct flash drive saving might not be an option with iX500.

If you need a completely portable scanner with direct saving to flash drive option, you need something like the visioneer mobility. The scanner will be a bot slower than the previous two scanners i mentioned though.

http://www.amazon.com/Visioneer-Mobility-Smartphone-Capabilities-MOBILE-SCAN/dp/B004JQOCL4

Expert:  active1065 replied 1 year ago.

So basically a decision you need to make . If i were you i would simply go for a good scanner like iX500 or DR-c225. Save my files directly to computer harddisk or google drive or any network folder. The DR-c225 allows usb output also but i am not 100% sure.

Transferring scanned files to usb from one saved location is a minor inconvenience.

Hope this clarifies your doubts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Visioneer Mobility requires an EyeFi card, is that a monthly charge?
Expert:  active1065 replied 1 year ago.

Nope.This is portable scanner. So Using an Eye-Fi card you can gives you the ability to wirelessly and automatically upload digital photos to a local computer or a mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet.

Expert:  active1065 replied 1 year ago.

SO basically think of it as a sd card that can connect to wifi. A 16gb card will most probably cost you around $60 and a 32 Gb card around $80.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are there different models, I did a search for: "Visioneer Mobility Mobile Color Cordless Scanner 300 DPI" and the price range is from $59. plus shipping to $199.
Expert:  active1065 replied 1 year ago.

You mean portable scanner with scan to usb drive capacity?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's what this is the one you recommended is correct?
Expert:  active1065 replied 1 year ago.

Yes. You can also go for ADS 100W

http://www.brother-usa.com/Scanners/ModelDetail/24/ADS1000W/Overview#.VmdTe8rNMpE

or

xerox http://www.xeroxscanners.com/en/us/products/item.asp?PN=XMSSD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I'm not clear, I don't believe you answered my question,"Are there different models, I did a search for: "Visioneer Mobility Mobile Color Cordless Scanner 300 DPI" and the price range is from $59. plus shipping to $199." The price range is so broad I want to make sure and we are not looking at a different model..