Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

How doI get my tool bar and favorites back. ever since I

Customer Question

how doI get my tool bar and favorites back. ever since I upgraded to windows 10 it's gone
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

- Click on the Start button (which is the windows logo icon at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on option All apps

, then scroll down, then click on Windows Accessories, then click on Internet Explorer

, then you should see you favorites (click on the star icon located in upper right corner)

, then right-click on the Internet Explorer icon (green 'e' icon), then click on the option Pin to Taskbar.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Another method:

1. Press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type iexplore then click OK.
  2. Then the Internet Explorer program should open.
  3. Then you should see your favorites (if needed, click on the star icon located in upper right corner.)
  4. Right-click on the on the Internet Explorer icon (green 'e' icon), then click on the option Pin to Taskbar. ; Then from now on, you can click on the Internet Explorer icon (green 'e' icon) to use Internet / favorites any time.
  5. If needed, while in the Internet Explorer program, press and release the key Alt on the keyboard, then click on the View menu at the top, then select option Toolbars, then make sure the option Menu bar is checked.
    ; if needed, click on the View menu at the top again, then select option Toolbars, then make sure the option Favorites bar is checked.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Also, if you've upgraded to Windows 10 within the last 30 days, and if you do not like Windows 10, then you can go back to your previous Windows version by doing the follow steps:

1. Click on the Start button (which is the windows logo icon at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on Settings.
  2. Click on Update & Security.
  3. Click on Recovery.
  4. Then there, select the option to go back to your previous Windows version.