I have a Sentrysafe M8W3617 that will not open with the

Customer Question
correct code. The "continue" light...
I have a Sentrysafe M8W3617 that will not open with the correct code. The "continue" light will remain on for a few sec. after the code is entered, but it will not open. Is there a way to open the safe?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Nathan, Systems Manager replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Systems Manager

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Do you hear the "click" after entering your code?

Do not hear a click. only the continue light remains on for a few seconds.

Do you have an override key?
If you aren't hearing the click then it isn't triggering the internal lock mechanism, which is usually a hardware issue. It would be worth trying another new battery just to be safe.

Also are you sure you're using the right process? Try hitting C first, and also try pressing # ***** the pin

I saw a video on the internet that used a strong magnet in poximety of the solenoid to unlock. I tried this but did not have a strong enough magnet, or was in the wrong place.

Are you positive you gave me the correct model?
Please send along your contact info.

This key pad does not have a #. I have pressed clear before entering the code without results. Is there electrical diagram that gives the wires to the solenoid?
There is another number on a paper tag with M8W3617 and AW488946 . I assumed the last number is ***** serial number.

That magnet trick does not work for most models, and requires a very large (hockey puck sized) and very powerful neodymium type magnet.

There are no diagrams or service documentations available to end users. That is proprietary/confidential information, that for obvious security reasons is not made available to the public.

An authorized sentry dealer/servicer (locksmith) would have access to this to repair it for you, which is what would be required at this point. You would not be able to obtain this info yourself.

How long have you had the safe for, and did you register it?

I have had the safe for approx. 9 years. I am not sure that it was registered, will have to check.

It doesn't have to be, and at this age really won't matter as it would be primarily for warranty purposes.

Thanks for your attempt, I will carry it to a lock smith.

Your welcome, and I'm sorry there isn't a simpler fix here. It is an internal electronics issue at this point. Best of luck to you,

Pete,

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.

Nathan, Systems Manager