Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a problem and I hate to agree to pay you when I've

Customer Question

I have a problem and I hate to agree to pay you when I've been soaked for so much, but: in Aug 2015 (trying to remember details) my computer stopped, said I shouldn't try to do anything or I would lose my program but to call this number (?) for support, which I did and was connected to someone named 'Mike', said he could fix my computer if I would pay $149.99 for a service contract and I should always call him if I had a problem, plus I would never have to pay for PC fixes again. Fixed PC. Now I have had a 'check' (same No. as previous transaction) processed for $299.99 payable to Zajes Technologies LLC. I just discovered this when processing my monthly bank statement. Does Microsoft know either of these companies and how do I get my money back, Microsoft?
Category: Computer
Expert:  RickBrown replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.. I am afraid microsoft would never charge you money to fix your computer. It sounds like you have picked up what is called Ransom Ware.. A quick google of Zajes tech LLC shows they have a very very poor rating, and are not even a credited. I would contact your bank and tell them what has happened.