My brand new Lenovo Ideapad Y700 that has just arrived a…

My brand new Lenovo Ideapad...
My brand new Lenovo Ideapad Y700 that has just arrived a moment ago stopped working. The backlit keyboard is up, cooling fan is up but the screen is totally black. It used to be able to boot up into the lock screen but takes forever to log in so I made a hard shutdown. Now it doesn't come up anymore... Read full answer
My brand new Lenovo Ideapad Y700 that has just arrived a moment ago stopped working. The backlit keyboard is up, cooling fan is up but the screen is totally black. It used to be able to boot up into the lock screen but takes forever to log in so I made a hard shutdown. Now it doesn't come up anymore
I have been trying to completely drain the battery off...
11/20/2015
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. To confirm, you did press and hold the Power on/off button on the printer for about 10 seconds (if needed, try 30 seconds), then turn it back on and check right? Make sure power cord is connected.

- Can you press at the same time the two keys Fn and F2 on the keyboard, then let me know if it shows anything.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

It appears the computer booted up, but it is currently stuck at the "welcome" screenNow it gets out of the welcome screen and continues to go black

Please press and hold power on/off button for about 10 seconds to power off, then do not turn it back on, but press the Novo button (which has the curved arrow label) next to the power button, then do the System Recovery. Please let me know. Thank you.

It is booting up the Novo button menu

Great. Can you run the System Recovery option there, Thank you.

what do I choose then? from initial backup?

Please let me know all the options. Thank you.

Yes, please select option to Restore from initial backup. Thank you.

Step 1: Select task has 2 options: restore from initial backup and restore from user's backup. Since this computer is almost brand new I guess I have to choose the restore from initial backup?

Yes, please select option Restore from initial backup. Thank you.

I'm now choosing to recover from initial backup, and it is running right now.

Great. This takes awhile. Please keep this web page open to continue. Please keep me updated. Thank you.

it's finished. I chose the reboot option.It seems like when i first opened it. I will update if there are further problems, but i think it is resolved for now.

Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Ideapad S340 will not turn on... had put it in sleep mode
ideapad S340 will not turn on... had put it in sleep mode last nite... … read more
Hesham Akbar
Hesham Akbar
My screen is black but it say my computer is on and it
My screen is black but it say my computer is on and it worked perfectly this morning … read more
Tim
Tim
Bachelors in Information Technology
My computer is not coming on, but the power button light is
My computer is not coming on, but the power button light is on … read more
Tim
Tim
Bachelors in Information Technology
Stop searching for answers—
I closed my laptop while it was shutting down. I'm trying to
I closed my laptop while it was shutting down. I'm trying to use it now but it wont turn back on. The screen and power button just keep lighting up and then turning back off on their own … read more
Moses C
Moses C
Bsc
I have an Ideapad Y510P. when I turn it on the keyboard
I have an Ideapad Y510P. when I turn it on the keyboard lights up, but the system doesn't boot. … read more
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer
Associate's Degree
I was playing World of Warships and everything went black.
I was playing World of Warships and everything went black. GPU fan went hi speed. … read more
Micky
Micky
Lead Systems Administrator,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Okay, so I've been having this hard to reproduce problem
Okay, so I've been having this hard to reproduce problem that happens frequently. I have a Lenovo ideapad Y700, and after my computer has been on for awhile, the keyboard will lock up, as in no button… read more
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi
Computer Science and Engineering
New lenovo ideapad 300 just out of the box. lights on but
new lenovo ideapad 300 just out of the box . lights on but wont power up … read more
Senior Engineer,
My ideapad y700 Touch-15ISK comes with a backlit keyboard
my ideapad y700 Touch-15ISK comes with a backlit keyboard and it will not work. I tried Fn+space bar as instructed by the manual and it will not lite up. Do I need a missing driver?… read more
Support Technician,
I have the aspire 7552g with win 10 pro. Yesterday I did a
Hi, I have the aspire 7552g with win 10 pro. Yesterday I did a shutdown and when I restarted I could not get p.o.s.t. I have power, blue led light for power and for battery are on also I can hear the … read more
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070
T61 Model 7664 gets unexpected shutdowns after new fan installed.
T61 Model 7664 gets unexpected shutdowns after new fan installed. I have to remove power cord and disconnect/reconnect battery to restart computer. How can I solve this problem?… read more
Hi I have a HP pavillion dv 6000, the screen now stays black
Hi I have a HP pavillion dv 6000, the screen now stays black but I have gotten it to work before but doesn't anymore. When I turn it on it makes a long beep and two short beeps but fan is on… read more
Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben
Software Engineer,
Stop searching for answers—
lenovo x201 wont boot - Will flash the battery symbol and the
lenovo x201 wont boot - Will flash the battery symbol and the power signal. Briefly shows the lenovo icon on the screen but then stops.… read more
Travis B.
Travis B.
Computer Technician,
Hi, I have an Acer Aspire 6935G. For a while now the battery
Hi, I have an Acer Aspire 6935G. For a while now the battery has not held any charge - laptop could only last about 30 secs on battery before powering down, but it has worked fine through Mains electr… read more
Hardware Engineer,
Emachines Laptop M5122A. On applying power from the charger,
Emachines Laptop M5122A. On applying power from the charger, the power connected LED lights, as does the battery charging LED. However, nothing happens when the pwoer on switch is pressed.… read more
Computer Consultant,
MS Electrical Engineering
machine gets unbearably hot and no fan sound. Seems pretty
machine gets unbearably hot and no fan sound. Seems pretty obvious - mostly left side - model is: Lenovo y510 ideapad. Anything you can do to assist? What's your protocol?… read more
Brad
Brad
my hp pavilion m7560n this am the screen was locked - I restarted
my hp pavilion m7560n this am the screen was locked - I restarted machine and then no hard drive activity and no display and cooling fans kicked on and running constantly, whenever machine is turned o… read more
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
IT Technician,
my laptop model is lenovo 3000 N 200 i dont know y my laptop
my laptop model is lenovo 3000 N 200 i dont know y my laptop is shutting down automatically?… read more
dawber39
dawber39
IT Consultant / Teacher,