How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Computer Specialist
Category: Computer
Satisfied Customers: 36864
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
Type Your Computer Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an acer travelmate b115 that was downgraded from

Customer Question

Hi, I have an acer travelmate b115 that was downgraded from windsows 8 to 7 and the partition to recover is missing. How can I effect recovery to factory settings without spending £70 in a usb from Acer?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome Donna

It appears that the recovery partition or image has been removed if when doing ALT + F10 at startup it asks for the disk (this is a default message when it is gone, it does not actually check if there is a disk drive).

Please do not shoot the messenger, but as there is no image of windows on the computer, your only options are to locate a windows disk (so you could borrow one from a friend) and install from this. Else you would need to pat the £70 to Acer. Unlike Toshiba, they do not have it for download and charge for it.

These are the options you have sorry as there is no image available to you to do the reinstallation, so you need to obtain one.

But the £70 will be more cheaper then having to purchase a windows disk though. The issue is you need the windows installation in some form.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you