Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I just downloaded Windows 10. I understood that I could

Customer Question

I just downloaded Windows 10. I understood that I could return to Windows 7 Professional if I chose to. I must get back to that as I have lost all my documents and other stuff. I am in a near panic. Get me back to where I was.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Upgrading to Windows 10 should not lose your data / documents. And when you go back to Windows 7, you should not lose your documents either. To go back to Windows 7, click on Start (which is the Windows logo icon at the bottom left corner of the computer's screen), then click on Settings, then click on Update & security, then click on Recovery, then there, click on the option to go back to Windows 7 there.

- Or if you'd like to use Windows 10, you can click on Start, then click on File Explorer, then you should see your Documents folder there. I can connect remotely to your computer and check on this for you.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you,