John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCP, RHCE
50152684

Removal ask

Customer Question

removal ask
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help you

Sir/Ma'am are you trying to remove ask search or tool bar from the internet explorer or from another browser?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly.To reply back to me use the reply box below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
internet explorer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for replying back to me.

Are you trying to remove ask search or tool bar from Internet explorer?

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Please do the following to remove ask homepage and ask tool bar from Internet explorer

1.First close all Internet explorer windows

2.Now you need to remove ask tool bar from programs and features to do that press windows key + R key that will open run box in that type appwiz.cpl and press enter that will open programs and features.Now in that look for Ask tool bar or any Ask search programs.if you find any right click on it and click on uninstall.Once ask is uninstalled close programs and features window

3.Now press windows key + R key that will open run box in that type inetcpl.cpl and press enter that will open internet properties now remove the ask web address from the home page field and then you can type the web address you needed as homepage when you open Internet explorer. for example www.google.com then click on apply now click on programs tab on the top of the Internet properties window then click on manage add-ons in the programs tab.
Now in add-ons window click on toolbars and extensions that will show a list of add-ons,look for ask and if you find any right click on it and click on disable then click on search providers and see if ask is listed in it if so right click on it and click on remove.Then click on close and then click on apply and OK on Internet properties.

Restart the PC and Open internet explorer and check it.

Let me know the results.If it worked please rate my services/answer positively using the options just below this box or above this page select the rating and click on submit. If it didn’t work please let me know and we will try other options.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir checking to see whether you saw my above answer to fix the issue using the instructions I provided.

Sincerely,