Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Trying to Install Microsoft IIS SEO Toolkit on Windows 7 I

Trying to Install Microsoft IIS SEO Toolkit on Windows 7
Hi, I have a Dell Windows 7 laptop. I am trying to install the Microsoft IIS Seo Toolkit on my system but I am unable to do it. It prompted me to install the Web Installer. I tried to do it but kept getting an error message. Can someone please help?

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please the exact error message you get when the installation fails?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I try to install the Web Platform installer, it asks me to select various components. I chose IIS 7.5 Express and tried to install it but it says system could not install it. Let me try and see if I can get a screenshot.

In the meantime, can you tell me if there are specific components that I need to select while downloading the Web Platform Installer?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it depends on the setup of your computer.

Let me know the error and I will know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Attachment: 2015-11-13_105803_iis_screenshot.docx

That is the error I got

Thanks

Download and run this tool first.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Perform the repair and then restart the computer and tell me if you can now install it please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for this. I will not be able to restart my computer right now. I have a report running in the system. Will do it as soon as it's done and reply here

ok, remember to first run the tool, then restart

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard,

Sorry I could not get back to you earlier. I ran the tool you gave the link to and restarted my system. Can you tell me what the next steps should be?

If you ran the repair tool then try to do the installation now.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I still get an error. I have attached the error here. Also, I forgot to mention that my system is a Windows 7 Home Basic, if it makes any difference.

Attachment: 2015-11-16_075823_iis_toolkit_download_error.docx

When you ran the repair tool, what was the message it gave?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The tool ran and then it said all issues have been resolved. I don't remember the exact message but something to that effect.

ok, download the .net framework from my link below and install it

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

Tell me if you can install it from there please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was not able to install it. It gave me an error, ".Net did not succeed"

I have attached a screenshot.

Attachment: 2015-11-16_081907_.net_error.docx

Thanks

Can you do the following please

Click START > ALL PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > right click COMMAND PROMPT and choose run as administrator (A command prompt window will open).

Type :
net stop WuAuServ

in the command prompt then press enter

Then press windows key + R and type

%windir%

Press enter

Find a folder named SoftwareDistribution.
Delete it

Back to command prompt again and type

net start WuAuServ

Press enter then try to isntall again the .net framework and tell me if it now installs please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

.net framework successfully installed

Good, now try to install the SEO Toolkit please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Should I try to Install the toolkit itself or the Web Installer first?

which ever installer you have been using that has been failing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I tried to install the Web Platform Installer. I chose the IIS 7.5 Express and IIS Recommended Configuration and clicked on the Install button. This time it was installed successfully.

Now, when I try to Install the IIS toolkit, it gives me the following error IIS 7.0 Management Console Features must be installed to use IIS Search Engine Optimization Toolkit

Click Start.

Click Control Panel.

Click Programs.

Select Turn Windows features on or off . If you receive a Windows Security warning, click Allow.

In the resulting Windows Features dialog box, select the Internet Information Services check box (as shown in the figure below).

Click + to expand the view to see the following nodes: World Wide Web Services, and then Application Development Features. Select the .NET Extensibility check box

Click OK. The activation of the newly installed components may take a few minutes to complete.

Then install please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still gives me the same error

Do you have IIS installed on the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think so. The first time I tried to install it, it told me i need the web platform launcher. I had difficulty installing that. Now that is installed so trying to install the toolkit, but get this error

you need to have IIS installed in order to install this

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am new to this. So I may ask too many questions. How do I install IIS on my system?

ok, as this extends the scope of your original question as we cleared up the issues on your computer, I have made an adjustment to pricing to help you with this.

Please accept this and we can continue on with this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's ok. We can continue

ok, please accept the offer I made so we can please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I accept your offer? I don't see anything on my screen

it pops up as the additional services request, I have repeated it for you, you will see it now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't see any Pop Up. I am on the App

on this web page, you have to accept the additional services request, here, on this website, on this page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which page? Have you shared any link?

this page, that your talking to me on.

Or check for the additional services request in your emails

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I checked my email. I got an email with the subject "Can I offer you more Q and A time" I opened it but the only option I had was to view your offer. I clicked on it and it got me to this page.

yes, and now you click accept on the additional service request.

Else you may have an issue with your account and I would advise to email customer service on***@******.*** to resolve this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have written to***@******.*** about not being able to accept your offer. So will I have to wait till that problem is solved to solve my current problem?

yes, in order for me to work on this new issue with you. They are usually pretty quick.