Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I deleted the Chrome icon from my desktop page and I can't

Customer Question

I deleted the Chrome icon from my desktop page and I can't find it. When I move the Chrome icon from starting page apps on Windows 8 I get Start 123. Any help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type chrome then click OK.

Then click on the 3-bar icon at the upper right corner in Chrome, then click on Settings

, then under On startup section, click on Set pages

, then move your mouse to any website you see there, then click on the x icon on the right of it to remove it

, then click in the box, then type the startup website you want, such as google.com or yahoo.com then click OK

, then right-click on the Chrome icon at the bottom on the Taskbar, then click on Pin to Taskbar if available

, then close Chrome

, then while holding the Shift key on the keyboard right-click on the Chrome icon at the bottom on the Taskbar, then click Copy

, then right-click on an empty space on the Desktop screen, then click on Paste.

(If needed, you can download / reinstall Chrome at https://www.google.com/chrome/)

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

If needed, in Chrome program, click on the 3-bar icon at the upper right corner, then click on Settings, then scroll down to the bottom, then click on Show advanced settings if available, then scroll down to the bottom, then click on Reset settings, then click on Reset, then wait a bit, then close Chrome then re-open it and check.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.