Matt, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc (Hons) Software Engineering, 8+ years experience as IT Support
15320265

Is there a program to fix my computer from freezing amd

Customer Question

is there a program to fix my computer from freezing amd saying, "not responding"?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting with your question.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Since when have you been having this freezing issue with your system? How frequently does this happen?

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

There are a couple of checks that I would need to perform in order to pin-point the exact cause (overheating, malware, etc.) of the issue that you are facing.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Would you like me to set up a remote session, which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you quickly with diagnosing and resolving this issue?

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Alternatively, please download the free version of the cleanup utility in the link below:

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Install and run the same and click on the 'Run Cleaner' button in the window that comes up in order to do a comprehensive cleanup of useless data in your system.
Next, click on the 'Registry' tab present in the left pane, then scan for and fix issues found in your registry.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Then, to carry out a comprehensive malware check, please download a security program, Hitman Pro, using the following link:

www.surfright.com
Please run the tool after downloading, to carry out a full scan of your system. When it prompts you for a product/license key after scanning, just select the option to activate the free 30-day trial, and clean out any threats detected. Reboot thereafter.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Finally, to disable any unwanted startup programs and services which might be affecting your system performance, please carry out the following steps:

Click on the Start/Windows button at the bottom left corner of your screen, type 'msconfig' in the search bar and click OK. In the System Configuration window which pops up, click the 'Services' tab, tick the option 'Hide Microsoft services', then click the 'Disable All' button. Then, click the 'Startup' tab, then click on 'Disable All' button. This should disable all the listed programs there. Restore your security program and any other program that you specifically need and use regularly. Click 'Apply' and 'OK' and restart your system.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Let me now how it goes.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

You can reply back to me anytime on this page by typing in the Reply box below and clicking the 'Reply' button.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

If you have any further questions for now, please let me know. Otherwise, a positive rating (3 to 5 stars) at the top, would be much appreciated as it is the only way I get compensated for assisting you today. Your question will still remain open after rating, and you will be able to get back to me anytime later on through your emails received from JustAnswer. Thank you.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

.