I have somehow erased my user name and password from the

Customer Question
I have somehow erased my...
I have somehow erased my user name and password ***** the system and now cannot get to my start screen
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
11/7/2015
Tech Support Specialist: John, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
John, Computer Support Specialist

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.

Sir/Ma’am please provide the following details so that I can understand the issue you are facing more clearly

1.Is this user name and password ***** windows login ?

2.What is the make and model of the PC?

3.Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 or any other

Sincerely,

Note: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly.To reply back to me use the reply box below.

it is windows name and password
It is an ASUS laptop I don't know the model number
Windows 7 professional

Thank you for the details.

Could you please check on the bottom of the laptop for model ?

On the windows login screen does it show any user name ?

I believe you are currently chatting to me from another PC am i correct?

Sincerely,

Model number is ***** rbbx05.
I am tall king to u thru my smart phone

Thank you could you please answer this too

On the windows login screen does it show any user name or is the login screen blank?

User name is blank

That is strange.

Could you please take a picture of windows login screen and sent it to me using the paper clip icon in this chat page.

Sincerely,

Is this laptop connected to domain system or used to connected,like your company/business domain ?

Domain system. I have 2 laptops. I don't know why this one is saying log on to HBC-INT.
Can we try logging on thru another domain maybe?
I was trying to change the administrator options and I somehow wiped out the information need to sign on

So you never seem this HBC-INT name for log in before.

logging on thru another domain wont work but could you please try that and see if it show your local account name,if possible send me a image of that login screen too.

Also was this laptop networked to the other laptop?

Thank you for the image.

Were you able to access the other laptop using this Asus laptop before?

Also do you know the user name you had before if so enter that in the user name field and that user accounts password ***** try to login.

I have never tried to access the other laptop from the one in question.
I do not remember the user name. I thought it was owner but that is not wirkimg
No login servers available

That is strange if this laptop is not connected to a company domain then its not supposed to show that screen unless you tried to connect a domain thinking that will allow you to log in as administrator.

Lets try to boot in safe mode and see if its showing the same login screen.Please do the following to boot in safe mode

Restart the computer then press F8 repeatedly when you see the Asus start-up screen. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears then you will get Advance boot Menu on the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the Safe Mode and then press ENTER.Once you are in safe mode see if there is any change in the login screen.Let me know

No change
when I try to go in with safe mode and command prompt it runs but then does not give me the command box to type in

OK thank you for the update.

When you tried to change administrator options did you anywhere enter HBC-INT or do you know that name?

I do know that name and no I did not

In that case our option is to do a factory restore.This process will erase the files on the laptop hard drive then re-install windows 7,drivers and applications that came with the laptop.Just like out of condition.Do you want to do this process.Let me know

No I do not. That is not an option
I have many work files on my drive and can't loose those

Sorry to say that i am out of idea's i will open this question to other experts to see if they have any other solutions.Once another expert replies you will get a email notification and you can continue working with that expert.Is that OK with you?

Sincerely,

Sure. So if you guys can't fix the problem do I get the $47 dollars back I was charged?

Yes you will,we guarantee our service if no one answers you can contact customer service using this number and ask for refund 1.***-***-****.

I will now open this to other experts,Once another expert replies you will get a email notification and you can continue working with that expert.

Note:- Do not reply to this message that will bring the question back to me.

Sincerely,

Tech Support Specialist: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 2 years ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is*****

Let me know if you still require assistance with this issue.

I do the last gentleman could not help

OK.

Since you are not able to access a domain account, let's try to access a local account instead.

Do you know the name of a local user account that is created on your computer?

Are u still here?

I see you wrote "??".

Upon installing Windows, you need to create a local user account. For example "Administrator". You can then continue to use that local user account or choose to sign in to a domain account instead.

Your computer was set to sign in to a domain called HBC-INT

Since you say you cannot sign in there any more, you can try to sign in to a local account. Such account is not connected to a domain and doesn't require any Internet connection.

However, in order to sign in, you need to know the name of the local user account created on your computer.

That is why I asked you if you knew the name.

I do not know the name

In that case, you need to access the Command Prompt so that you can list all created user accounts. However, you cannot do that unless you are logged in. For that reason, you need to use a bootable media in order to access the Command Prompt. One of those bootable media is the Windows 7 disc.

Do you happen to have it?

No I sure dont

Do you have any other bootable media, such as

- Windows 8 / 8.1 disc

- Windows 10 disc

- repair disc

etc

I do not. Sorry

You need to have a bootable media in order to solve this problem.

I can provide you the instructions on how to create a Windows 7 repair disc for free. However, you need to use another computer with Internet access and ability to burn a CD.

Is that possible?

Do you have another working computer you can use to create a bootable Windows 7 repair disc?

Hello again!

Do you still require assistance with this issue?

Let me know,

Andy, Computer Consultant