We are unable to use Safari right now. We received a message

Customer Question
We are unable to use...
We are unable to use Safari right now. We received a message saying we need to disable popup ads.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/6/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

To do this in safari (block popups) do the following please

Choose Safari > Preferences, then click Security.

Select “Block pop-up windows,” then deselect Allow WebGL and Allow Plug-in

Let me know how you go please.

I can't find the Preferences option.

Which OSX version do you have?

You can find out by using this link

http://whatsmyos.com

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Is that $39 in addition to the $36 I'm paying right now? I also don't want a monthly plan.

yes, but it is optional else we can continue here, the ,montly plan you do not have to choose, its just an option for unlimited questions else its the once off fee (which is a lot cheaper then a in house computer technician or shop).

I'd like to cancel this request at this time.

ok.. I have marked the question to never close, so you can return at any time and we can then continue, this is no issue.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

How much is being charged to my card at this time?

I cannot see this (you can email***@******.*** which is customer service for this information) but nothing more then the initial deposit you made.

Would that be the $5 initial deposit or $36?

yes, if that's what was initially deposited then nothing more then this.

$5 or $36?

I cannot see this, I am just an engineer, but if you email customer service on***@******.*** they can tell you this.

I suppose if I say OK then they charge me the $36 so I'm going to have to rate your response as poor because my issue was not solved. Thank you for your time.

No, the rating has not bearing on the charger, anything paid has already been paid

rating me poor has no effect on what you already paid, it only means I have a complaint lodged against me.

My OSX version is 10.9.2.

ok... sorry I am confused here, you want to stop and then you want to give me a poor rating... and now your telling me your OSX version.

If I am receiving a poor rating from you then I would opt out of this question, as I do not believe I deserve a complaint against me as I have not been rude in anyway.

Can you please clarify what it is you actually wish to do?

I don't wish to issue a complaint against you. I just noticed in your earlier response that you had asked what OSX version I have and found it in my records. If you could assist me with that I am willing to pay the $36 and will resubmit my rating.

ok, then you will have Safari, then Preferences, it is at the top of the screen in Safari, you click the word Safari, then you click Preferences.

Sorry for the confusion. I just noticed the message about free support again. I would like to get the free 1 week trial with the option to cancel the monthly subscription at any time.When I click on Safari the Preferences option isn't highlighted and I'm not able to select it.

you will have to contact***@******.*** for this as I mentioned I am just an engineer here.

O.K. I'll just click the Start My Free Trial button and see what happens.

o.k.

Hello:I am not able to click the preferences button under Safari because that link is not highlighted.
Richard, Computer Specialist