Can't get my Asus Notebook American Megatrends will not boot

Customer Question
first blue screen then upon...
Can't get my Asus Notebook American Megatrends will not boot first blue screen then upon pressing F8 & ESC it takes me to Aptio Bios screen in a continuous loop after trying to upgrade to Windows 10
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
11/3/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com

Im very sorry to hear about the problem with Windows 10. You are NOT alone, and many folks have had many problems with Win10.

What you have described, is an install/upgrade loop, where the upgrade package keeps trying to run, EVEN after the upgrade was done.

A Glitch/Bug that is beig addressed by Microsoft, but they have YET to release a patch for it.

YOu have but 2 choices

1- Use the Win10 install Disc, or download to re-install Win10.

2- Throw it away, and buy a new PC.

Option 2 is probably not an option, so we will focus on option 1.

To re-install Win10 on a computer that does NOT boot to an operating system, yu will first NEED the Win10 Install package.

Download it from Microsoft, its free, and still available.

After that, you need to make the Win10 install package BOOTABLE (by burning it to DVD, or burning it to a USB drive), and then pop that in the faulty computer, and re-install.

Wasted my money. I was expecting a more detail answer. You were fully aware that the patch from Microsoft was not available, so I paid you to tell me that. I'm not that computer savey so the option you suggested won't work because as I explained windows 8 came preinstalled. My Asus doesn't work so there's no way to download because once the software tries to download & notes its not the right system (I'm using my Nexus Tablet) to communicate with you which is my only source therefore you option is totally useless for $36

I am sorry to hear you are frustrated about this situation, But I assure you....at this pont, you have not paid ME.

YOu have PAID the website justanswer.com

You can request a refund.

I also assure you, that with your problem with the computer, a RE-install is the answer. And I regret to inform you of this, as it is not an easy task to complete.

Since you know the type of Noebook that I have which does not have a CD drive, please explain how I'm suppose to perform a reinstall

USB drive, also known as a Jumpdrive, or a ThumbDrive

Basically using the same files that are on a DISC, but putting the files on a USB drive, and then booting from the USB, instead of the disc drive.

Does that help?

Without another computer I have not been successful downloading to a flash drive & when I try on my tablet the download never comes to the flash drive

Oh, yes, unfortunately you WILL need another computer that you can use to GET the files, and prepare the USB drive.

So you will have to solve that issue first....getting access to another computer.

thanks you answered what I already knew just thought their was another way around this matter. Goodbye

I am sorry that this is the only news I can offer.

Best of Luck to you.

Tech Support Specialist: Gary Jensen,
 replied 2 years ago
Gary Jensen

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I hope to be able to assist you. I am really sorry to hear that you are having this difficulty. It is difficult when an upgrade doesn't go as planned. There may be a way to restore your laptop to its original Operating system without a DVD or drive. This will depend on whether there is a factory partition that Asus usually has (although hidden from windows) which can be used. I should note that doing this will delete everything on the hard drive, so you will have to determine if this is an option you can live with. If you are interested in trying this, I would like to be sure I give you the correct instructions. I need to know the model # ***** your computer (usually located on the bottom of the laptop). Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Gary

Gary Jensen
Gary Jensen
Gary Jensen