Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design
50064670

I want to mirror screen from my computer

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. I am not sure what you are asking. Can you explain a little better please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a new samsung smartTV and I cannot get get mirror computer screen to work on it because I'm computer illiterate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

My apologies, but I am unable to contact you by phone at this time. Would you like to continue chatting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't eat to much of that holloween candy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

What type of computer do you have, and how are you trying to connect it to your TV? I would also need the model number of your TV please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Dell and I'm connecting with a cable to the TV Where do I find the TV model number?????
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Check the manual that came with the TV.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What manual? only 4 pieces of paper in the box
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Okay, if possible look on the back. There should be a tag with the model number on it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm handicapped because of a broken Back
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Do you know the size of the TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
42 inch
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Okay, give me a minute please.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Okay, can you tell me what type of cable you are using to connect your computer to the TV, i.e. HDMI, DVI, etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HDMI
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Okay, so you are going from the computer's HDMI port to the TV's HDMI port then correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correct
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

So now all you need to do is change the video source of the TV to HDMI. Check the remote for a button marked source.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For some reason my TV is on HDMI
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have HDMI2
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

What version of Windows are you using, how long is your HDMI cable and have you tried the HDMI-2?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have windows 10 the cable is about 20 ft long and how do I or what do I do for HDMI 2? I also have screen mirroring on the top of the TV screen.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a shorter HDMI cable you can try?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No This is just long enough so that someone doesn't hang on it
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

The cable length may be the problem for that TV. Do you have another TV you can connect to just to see if you have a signal coming from the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This worked on the TV that the new one replaced
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After 2 hours we seem to be getting no place. How do I get my money back?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Okay then. We have established that the computer is putting out a good signal so now we need to look at the TV. This particular model may be more sensitive to the cable length then the old one. If possible, try to pick one up so we know for sure. There doesn't appear to be too much in the way of settings for the input so I think that would be a good place to start.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get my money back??????
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I will request a refund for you. Have a nice day!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's time for a good night's rest
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

I checked your conversation with other expert. It seems you didn't try to change the source to HDMI 2 and didn't tried to connect the cable to HDMI 1 port. First of all please connect the HDMI cable to HDMI 1 port and check whether yo get the mirrored display on TV screen or not.

Then connect the cable to HDMI 2 port and from the TV remote press SOURCE button and select HDMI 2 as source and check the result.

Regards

Jins