How do I make "download" complete its command

Customer Question
How do I make "download"...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/30/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and thank you for choosing just answer.

Can you be a little more specific on what you are trying to accomplish?

Are you trying to UNinstall a program? Are you trying to fix a program? Are you trying to download a program?

The error you mentioned is:

Error 1500 "Another Installation is in Progress you must complete the installation before continuing this one" when trying to down load a program always appears. Cannot complete the download

I tried to upgrade the program Jing from Techsmith and it partially upgraded and then stopped. I can not restart it or remove Jing from my computer. In addition I can not upgrade any other program because the computer indicates another update in progress that must be completed before I retry or use an upgrade on any other file. The error message I receive is 1500

Yup, sounds like you have an unresponsive program, which is keeping other programs from working.

Can you kill the process in the task manager?

No

Have you tried to Reboot the machine?

several times this has been on going for about a week. The weird thing I am encountering is that the program itself...Jing is still working on my computer. Its just the install part that I can't get to work. I have contacted Techsmith and there reponse has not been helpful.

If you are getting into an upgrade process problem, when you try to upgrade the Jing, and it fails to complete. And you can not uninstall Jing from the Control Panel, then you have to manually remove the files. Not too hard, but, if your not technically savy, it can be hard.

Whe you say "install part" what do you mean? Cuz Jing is ALREADY installed, if you are using it....right?

So, are you referring to UPGRADING Jing?

it is an upgrade. I know how to remove a file but it will not allow itself to be removed until the frozen installation is completed.

does Jing start, when windows starts? Can you disable that?

frozen upgrade is usually solved by REMOVING/uninstalling and then Reinstalling.

If you have the 1500 error...we have to kill the task that is causing the error.

Okay, I just installed Jing on my Win8 computer too.

In the taskbar.....R-click on Jing icon, and select EXIT

You should be able to Uinstall after you select exit.

ok I did that

you Uninstalled Jing?

no not yet. should I try to do that? I tried to do that before and it simply said I need to "complete installation try later" . I did that it made no difference. I will try again right now. .d to uninstall Jing and got the same error message
tried but it gave me the same error message.

So, you first Exited Jing....and THEN you tried to uninstall?

I am not sure what to add. Sorry I interrupted the conversation. I am a realtor and had a client call come.Yes I remove and it does not show up in the program file but the upgrade is still locked and I can not update any other files until the file in progress is complete and since it is stuck that not going to happen until I get this stuck file removed. If you do not feel that you are going to be able to help me please let me know. The next stop is the repair shop.Thanks
Ted

We can do a remote session, and that would allow me to see and check the settings.

Would you like to do that?

Its similar o what a repair shop would do

I really think the best way to help you is with a Remote Session. Due to the complexity of the issue you are describing, it would take a lengthy series of back and forth to troubleshoot your issue. It is an additional charge, but it is VERY worth it. Because it usually resolves the issue very quickly, and offers an opportunity to see how an expert interacts with a PC, lending to a small learning experience.

I will connect to your computer, and fix the issue while you watch, if you accept my proposal for remote tech support.

Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070