Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

I have created an InDesign document that has an apparent

Customer Question

I have created an InDesign document that has an apparent file glich. I can print out the first 35 pages of 86, duplex, but I can't print out pages 35-86. The message error is: printing error: The Adobe Print engine has failed to output your data due to an unknown problem.
I tried to create a new document; then deleted all the pages after 35; then added new blank pages, and group and copied the material from the original pages that won't print to the new file. It still give me the same error message. What to do????
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suggest that, if the InDesign document you created can be printed by some other program (depending upon its file type), that you try printing it from that other program.

Also, if there is no other choice of program for printing that document in your opinion, than try printing only some of the pages (if your print software allows): start by selecting to print only from page 37 (past the error hopefully) to 38. See if that prints. If it does, you may print the rest of the pages in similar fashion, hopefully. And lastly try printing page 36 and nothing else