Dell laptop with Windows 10 created 2 word documents using

Customer Question
office professional 2007. Completely disappeared...
Dell laptop with Windows 10 created 2 word documents using office professional 2007. Completely disappeared
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
10/24/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Try these steps please>>>

The original document might not have been removed from the computer. Follow these steps to see whether you can find the document:

1. Click Start, and then click Search.
  2. In the lower-left corner of the Windows Desktop Search pane, click Click here to use Search Companion, if that option is listed.
  3. In the Search Companion pane, click All Files and Folders.
  4. In the All or part of the file name box, type the name of the document that you want to find.
  5. In the Look in box, click My Computer, and then click Search.

If the search details pane does not contain the document that you are looking for, you might have typed the file name incorrectly or the document might have a different name. Follow these steps to search for all Word documents:

1. In the Search Companion pane, click Start a new search.
  2. Click All files and folders, and then copy and paste (or type) the following text into the All or part of the file name: box, and then click Search.

*.doc

Method 2: Search for Word backup files

If the previous method did not work for you, the main document might be gone. But there might be a backup copy of the document available. The Always create backup copy setting in Word creates backup copies of every document that you create.

First, follow one of these steps to see whether the Always create backup copy setting is enabled:

• If you use Microsoft Office Word 2007: Click the Microsoft Office Button, click Word Options in the lower-right corner, and then click Advanced. Scroll through the headings until you find the Save section, which is close to the end of the list. If the Always create backup copy setting, located in the Savesection, is selected, Word created a backup copy of the document.
  • If you use Microsoft Office Word 2003: On the Tools menu, click Options. The Always create backup copy setting is located on the Save tab. If the Always create backup copy setting is selected, Word created a backup copy of the document.

Then, if the Always create backup copy setting is not selected, go to method 3: "Force Word to try to recover a file."

If the Always create backup copy setting is selected, follow these steps to find the backup copy of the lost document:

1. Locate the folder in which you last saved the missing document.
  2. Look for files that have the .wbk extension.

If there are no files that have the .wbk extension in the original folder, follow these steps to search the computer for all files that have the .wbk extension:
    1. Click Start, and then click Search.
    2. In the lower-left corner of the Windows Desktop Search pane, click Click here to use Search Companion.
    4. In the All or part of the file name: box, copy and paste (or type) the following text:

*.wbk

3. If you find any files that are named "Backup of" followed by the name of the missing document, follow these steps to open the backup copy:
    1. Start Word.
    2. Perform one of the following actions:
      • If you use Word 2007: Click the Microsoft Office Button, click Open, click All Files (*.*) in the Files of type box, locate and select the file, and then click Open.
      • If you use Word 2003: Click Open on the File menu, click All Files (*.*) in the Files of typebox, locate and select the file, and then click Open.

Method 3: Force Word to try to recover a file

If Word did not create a backup copy of the document, you might be able to use the AutoRecover feature to recover the lost document.

Note The AutoRecover feature in Word performs an emergency backup of open documents when an error occurs. Some errors can interfere with creating an AutoRecover file. The AutoRecover feature is not a substitute for saving the document.

If the Save AutoRecover information every [] minutes option is selected, Word creates a temporary AutoRecover file that includes the latest changes in the document. Every time that Word starts, it searches for AutoRecover files. If Word finds any AutoRecover files, it displays the files that it finds in the Document Recovery task pane.

First, to see whether the Save AutoRecover information every [] minutes option is selected, use one of the following steps:

• If you use Word 2007: Click the Microsoft Office Button, click Word Options, and then click Save. TheSave AutoRecover information every [] minutes option is in the Save documents section.
  • If you use Word 2003: Click Options on the Tools menu. The Save AutoRecover information every [] minutes option is located on the Save tab.

Then, if the Save AutoRecover information every [] minutes option is selected, try closing Word and reopening it. If the AutoRecover task pane appears on the left side of the screen, click the lost document to restore it.

If the Save AutoRecover information every [] minutes option is not selected, you can try to force Word to recover the document.

Use one of the following steps to force Word to recover the document:

• If you use Word 2007: Click the Microsoft Office Button, click Open, select the Word document, click the down arrow on the Open button in the lower-right corner of the Open screen, and then click Open and Repair.
  • If you use Word 2003: Click Open on the File menu, select the Word document, click the down arrow on the Open button in the lower-right corner of the Open screen, and then click Open and Repair.

Method 4: Manually recover AutoRecover files

If Word could not open the AutoRecover file automatically or through the Open and Repair option, the AutoRecover file might be saved in a nondefault location. You might have to look for the AutoRecover file manually.

Follow these steps to search for AutoRecover files manually:

1. Click Start, and then click Search.

*.ASD

5. In the Look in box, click My Computer.
  6. Click Search.

If a file that is named DocumentName.asd appears in the details pane, follow these steps to open the document:

1. Start Word.
  2. Follow one of these steps:
    • If you use Word 2007: Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Open.
    • If you use Word 2003: Click Open on the File menu.
  3. In the File of type list, click All Files (*.*).
  4. Locate and select the .asd file.
  5. Click Open.
  6. Restart the computer.
  7. Start Word.

If Word finds the AutoRecover file, the Document Recovery task pane opens on the left side of the screen, and the lost document is listed as DocumentName [Original] or as DocumentName [Recovered]. If this occurs, perform one of the following actions:

• In Word 2007, double-click the file in the Document Recovery task pane, click the Microsoft Office Button, click Save As, and then save the document as a .docx file.
  • In Word 2003, double-click the file in the Document Recovery task pane, click Save As on the File menu, and then save the document as a .doc file.

Note If an AutoRecover file in the Recovery pane does not open correctly, go to the "How to troubleshoot damaged documents" section for more information about how to open damaged files.

Method 5: Search for temporary files

If you could not find an AutoRecover file or a backup of the lost document, you might be able to recover the document from your temporary files.

To search for the lost document in your temporary files, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Search.

*.TMP

6. Click the two chevrons next to When was it modified?.
  7. Click Specify dates, and then type the from and to dates to include the time period since you last opened the file.
  8. Click Search.
  9. On the View menu, click Details.
  10. On the View menu, click Arrange Icons by, and then click Modified.
  11. Scroll through the files, searching for files that match the last dates and times that you edited the document.

If you find the document that you are looking for, go to the "How to troubleshoot damaged documents" section for more information about how to recover information from the document.

Method 6: Search for ~ files

Some temporary file names start with the tilde (~) symbol. These files might not appear in the list of temporary files that you found in method 5: "Search for temporary files."

Follow these steps to find any files that begin with ~:

1. Click Start, and then click Search.

~*.*

8. Click Search.
  9. On the View menu, click Details.
  12. Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!

Nothing worked..no search companion etc
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

okay, did you try these steps>

Step 1

Click the Office button in the screen's upper-left corner and click "Word Options" to open the Word Options window.

Step 2

Click "Save" in the window's sidebar.

Step 3

Copy the file path in the "AutoRecover File Location" field. For example, this path may be:
C:\Users\abcd\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\

Step 4

Press the Windows key and "R" to launch the Run dialog box. Paste the copied file path into the box and click "OK" to open the directory.

Step 5

Double-click a Word file in the directory to recover your unsaved file.

if those options fail then you can try a third party software download>

You can Recover Lost Word Documents in Windows 10 with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard

>PLEASE CLICK HERE<

Tried it says folder empty
Tried ease us trial version all files "empty". I'm giving up thanks for the try

Your welcome.

I wish it would have been successful . It sounds like they are permanently deleted. Sorry.

Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech