Ideacentre horizon 27 - attempt to restart- screen is stuck

Customer Question
Ideacentre horizon 27 - attempt...
Ideacentre horizon 27 - attempt to restart- screen is stuck on "diagnosing your pc". after many hours will eventually land on a blue screen stating there is a problem. I want to somehow boot up on safe mode, but F8 and Shift F8 do not work. help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
Issue was Preceded by the following errors. I assume there is a correlation. Received the following errors: "BTTRAY.exe--System Error, WINSPOOL.DRV" and "Explorer.exe-System warning--Unknown hard error".
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/21/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with windows 8 your computer.

Unplug all external devices from the computer and power down the computer by removing the power cable.

Now as the power cable is unpiugged push and hold down the power button for 30 seconds and release it.

Plug in the cable and turn on the pc and let me know on which screen you see if there is any error.

It returns to the black Lenovo screen that says "diagnosing your PC". It has been stuck on this screen for many hours.

Press contol alt and esc keys together and let me know if you get something on the screen.

That has no effect. The screen did not change

i am sorry to hear that. Not a problem we will fix it. Shut down the computer and wait for 3 mins. Power it on and keep tapping F8 key for a couple of times. let me know what screen you get.

Pressing F8 has no effect. I have tried that many times previously (also Shift F8). Still at "diagnosing your PC" screen
I need to step away from the PC until tomorrow morning.

no problems

post me a message tomorrow morning with the time when you would like to continue

I won't be available until after 9pm central time. Please provide next step or further oinstructions prior so I can be ready
i am availale for approx 1 hour. The computer has progressed to a blue screen that says "Automatic Repair" "Your PC did not start correctly. Press Restart, which can sometimes fix the problem. You can also press "advanced options"
perhaps we can try for tomorrow after 7pm central time.

Solution 1

This solution is to disable the automatic repair from starting if your computer fails to boot into windows.

What you will need - A Windows 8 or 8.1 CD

Step 1: Place the CD in your drive and proceed to boot from it

Step 2: When the install screen pops up, look to the bottom left and select "Repair Your Computer".

Step 3: You will now see a screen that says "Choose an option". Select "Troubleshoot", then "Advanced Options", and finally "Command Prompt".

Step 4: You should now see the command prompt. Type "bcdedit" (without quotes) and hit enter.

Step 5: A list should have appeared. Towards the top, you should see "resumeobject" (It is under "default"). Highlight the long number, including the brackets, and copy.

Step 6: Now type "bcdedit /set (the long number you copied) recoveryenabled No" (Without quotes). Hit enter.

Step 7: You should now see the message "The operation completed successfully"

Step 8: Type "Exit" (Without quotes)

Step 9: Reboot

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Solution 2

Booting into safe mode first, then rebooting the computer.

What you will need - nothing

So you are at the screen that says something on the lines of "Windows did not load properly".

Step 1: Select "Advanced repair options"

Step 2: Select "Troubleshoot"

Step 3: Select "Advanced Options"

Step 4: Select "Start up settings"

Step 5: Select "Restart"

Step 6: The computer should restart. Now you want to hit the 4 key, which is safe mode.

Step 7: You should be able to log in now. Restart the computer and the computer should boot normally.

Solution 3

Running check disk to see if your hard drive is the problem

Step 4: Type "chkdsk /r C:" (Without quotes)

Step 5: The scan should start. This could take several hours depending on the size of your hard drive.

Step 6: Once the scan is done, type "exit" (without quotes).

Step 7: Reboot

Solution 4 (Found out by user DayDay13)

Making sure your hard drive is first in boot priority.

What you will need - nothing

Step 1: Boot into BIOS on your computer

Step 2: Go into your boot priority list

Step 3: If you see "Windows Boot Manager" as number 1 in your priority, change it so that your hard drive is number 1.

Step 4: Save and exit BIOS

Step 5: Reboot

Referred : Microsoft

Thank you. Unfortunately the computer does not have a CD drive and I do not have a woindow 8 disk.I am proceeding with option 2 and have selected "advanced options" but at this point the screen is blank and I am not sure what the pc is doing. I will let it run all night and report results.

shut down the pc by holding the power button for 10 seconds and the retry the steps option 2.

Andy, Computer Consultant