Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Having trouble with w 10. previously installed and removed

Customer Question

having trouble with w 10. previously installed and removed because of Internet Explorer compatability I was told I did not have correct drivers. Windows edge and Firefox worked fine , but were incompatible with Norton Security. So I went back to Win 8.1. Now win 10 keeks trying to download for up to 10 hrs with no success.
whats up?
Category: Computer
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

Are you to trying to move back to Windows 10 again?

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

waiting for your reply

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

Wish you a good day..

Sir, please let me know if you are still waiting for answer. I am glad to help you.

If you don't want to continue i can cancel the question. Please let me know

Regards,

Fiyaz

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Are you having issues with upgrading to Windows 10 one more time?

May I set up a quick, secure remote session to check the issue now?

Please reply back using the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can not reinstall win 10. I have spoken with your support people
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

OK; I just went through your original question, and it looks like the Windows 10 upgrade is stuck when downloading automatically (using Windows Update.) So, we will need to manually upgrade to Windows 10 using a download file now.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

May we go ahead with a quick remote session now, so that I can walk you through the steps?

Do let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have paid for your service in Oct. and I have called 10 times and I still. Each time the download starts and it goes for 24 hrs. And now you want more money for services not received?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hmm; I'm not sure if you called Microsoft or some other service - we are JustAnswer, a paid support service for tech-related issues. Our service is 100% guaranteed; you will receive a FULL refund if your issue with Windows 10 is not resolved.

Would you like to continue with the remote session now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done this at least ten times and your fellow employees go away and it runs for 24 hour unsuccessfully. Please don't disappear and I won't worry about the extra charge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the charge was from Just Answer. 10/16 31$ and 10/16 5$.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Please rest assured; I'll be here until we have confirmed that your issue with upgrading to Windows 10, is resolved for good. I'm a new expert that's conversing with you now, and a remote session will allow me to connect directly to your screen and upgrade Windows 10 for you.

Regarding the charge, I see that you had placed a $36 deposit for this question earlier, and I apologize that my fellow experts were not able to assist you thus far with the issue.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

We are bound by the site to offer the remote session as an additional service, and so I have placed an offer of the minimum possible amount, i.e. $5; once you accept the offer, the directions to connect to the remote session will automatically show up on this page. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the windows logo for starting the download and it goes and goes and goes. I
registered June 7th.3
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

OK. Let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=efb6b0e9-0eb1-4955-8aba-8b2f1564bf72

On the page that opens up, click "I Agree".

Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the bottom of your browser window.)

I'll then be connected. Thank you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the remote session. I have now downloaded and installed Windows 10 for you via the remote session; once the computer restarts, please follow the on-screen directions to set up Windows 10, and you should be good to go.

I see now that you had posted this question almost three months back, and I apologize for the time it took for us to get this issue resolved for you - being a different expert from the one who was assisting you earlier, I chanced upon your question just today.

Also, just to clarify, you were charged the initial deposit of $36 for this question earlier, and will be charged just $5 for the additional remote service now. Do let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you.