Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

WP X6 crashed with many files missing. Quatro pro seems

Customer Question

WP X6 crashed with many files missing. Quatro pro seems unscathed. Is there a fix to determine what is missing and a link to down load the missing files? My WP Office SN is
WP16R5Y-7PW74JB-256TMVR-NWRDAE2
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Hi there and welcome

When did this problem happen? Please let me know

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yesterday afternoon.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Thank you

There is no program to find the missing files, but you are best to do a system restore.

This will undo the damage done, so the program should then function.

to do this

Go to the Windows 8 Start Screen and type restore point. When the search results appear click on the Settings category.

Now click on the option labeled Create a restore point and you will be brought to the System Protection tab of the System Properties control panel.

Click on the System Restore button and you will be presented with the main screen for System Restore. Now click on the Next button and you will be shown a list of available restore points that you can restore.

Select the restore point you wish to restore by left-clicking on the entry once. Use a date when this was working, so before yesterday

Then click on the Next button at the restore point selection screen. You will now be at a screen asking if you are sure you wish to perform the restore.

Click on the Finish button. System Restore will once again ask if you are sure you wish to continue. If you are sure, please click on the Yes button.

System Restore will now reboot your computer and begin the restore process. Please be patient as this can take quite some time.

Then check if it works

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please