Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have an IdeaCentre B320 which, when switched on has a

Customer Question

Hello Andy,
I have an IdeaCentre B320 which, when switched on has a blank (dark grey) screen.
I do not have a TV connection, so when I switch on, the screen is blank; the 'Hard Disc Drive Indicator' (4) glows brightly and flashes randomly; the 'LCD On/Off' (10) glows extremely dimly and continuously; after a few seconds, the 'WIFI status indicator4' (6) appears with medium brightness and continuously; the 'music' plays which always precedes the screen 'picture' (a view from a cave looking out over rocky outcrops), but the screen remains blank and no other changes then occur.
When I press (10), 'Menu button' (7), 'Direction button'[s] (8) and (9) ap0pear brightly lit and flash on and off every few seconds.
I've tried Ctrl/Alt/Delete many times, but nothing happens. I've tried the LVT key on the wired keyboard and pressed the F2 key continually, but nothing at all changes.
Are you able to help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you remove the power cable then hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect the power cable, and try to turn it on

Tell me if it then starts correctly please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried as you suggest. Nothing at all has changed from the 'symptons' as described.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok, can you start the computer and keep tapping F8

Are you able to get to a menu?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have tried all types of tapping/holding/waiting with F8. Nothing has changed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

It is the internal motherboard that has faulted.

We have ruled out all other causes for this. It is not indicating an issue with the hard drive, so your data is still safe.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the ideaCentre to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you