Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

Windows 10 start menu stopped working. How to fix

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. When did this issue first occur?
Is there any error or message?

Solution #1:

- Press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type rstrui then click OK, then restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred, and check.

Solution #2:

- Press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type control then click OK

, then click on User Accounts and Family Safety, then click on User Accounts

, then click on Make changes to my account in PC settings (or something similar)

, then click on the Left Arrow at the upper left corner until you at Settings menu

, then click on Update & security, then click on Recovery, then get started in the section Reset PC..., then when prompted, select the option Keep my files and continue.

Solution #3:

1. Shut down the computer. (If needed, press and hold the Power on/off button on the computer for about seven seconds until it power off.)
  2. Turn on the computer, but do not enter the password ***** do not log in the computer.
  3. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  4. Click on the Power icon, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  5. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  6. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  7. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
    When prompted, select the option "Keep my files", and continue.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.