Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My Lenovo laptop will not turn on. Fan running web cam light

Customer Question

Hi my Lenovo laptop will not turn on. Fan running web cam light on power lights on, on front of laptop
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you remove the power cable and the battery and then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.

Connect both the battery and the power cable then try to turn the laptop on.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still the same.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, leave the battery out and only connect it via the power cable, then try to start it.

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No different. You can hear something try to start then stops as though it gets stuck. if you leave it on for 10mins or so it gets really hot on the bottom and the fan sounds at full speed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

It sounds like the processor fan or motherboard has faulted. The fan gets stuck and then the other fan near the vent tries to compensate but cannot and thats where it over heats. Can be the fan itself or the motherboard that drives it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the laptop to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks anyway.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

your welcome

If you need anything else, please let me know, and please remember to rate my service via the stars at the top

Thank you