I am frozen in one of my excel workbook sheets, which is a

Customer Question
summary of detail summary on...
I am frozen in one of my excel workbook sheets, which is a summary of detail summary on another sheet; the text for the totals on the detail sheet and also referenced. I have a bandit text I could not remove. Now every key stroke with this sheet (including SAVE and QUITE) results in the following message " ! Reference is not valid ". Other than selecting OK and see the cycle repeat with any selection.
Can you help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
10/5/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Just to confirm, if you lose and reopen the book you still have the same issue?

And which version of Excel and windows (or Mac) are you using?

Thank you

I have pc. I have serveral books open but I cannot close them or the "reference is not valid" book. If I try to access one of the other books the error message occurs. My wife renewed or rather purchased Office 365 with multiple in home installs available. Last year I did the same and she used one of my licenses. My subscription also ended but rather than reactivate I chose to use hers. Why spend another $100. The reactivation notice occurred in the middle of this problem. She sent an email with the link to install 365. However during install it requested for me to close excel which I cannot. The big emergency is I am scheduled to see my CPA to file our income statement which we had to request a delay in April.

ok, press CTRL + Del + ALT on the Keyboard and choose Task Manager.

Then click on Excel and click End Process.

Keep doing this for all Excel listings there and it should then close it for you

Let me know the results please.

Richard, Computer Specialist