How to get rid of what i think is a virus called arcade

Customer Question
twist? i used spy bot...
How to get rid of what i think is a virus called arcade twist? i used spy bot and avg, its still here :(
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer
10/4/2015
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Does this virus/malware show up in your Firefox browser, or somewhere else?

Please reply back to me below. Thank you.

its a popup ad. also when im on the web it will open another ad tab by itself

I see. May I connect remotely to check the issue now?

Do let me know.

Also, when did the virus/malware first start coming up?

Keep me posted.

it started last week when my husband was looking for a program to edit pics, i think he dl the wrong thing. I cleaned w avg and spybot, avg says it found it and blocked it but its still giving me popups.

I cant afford the remote

and its also not just arcade twist....its adscoop and some others as well. everytime i open a window or process something on the page something opens

thanks

OK, no issues. Please do the following steps now:

In Firefox, click on the icon (with three horizontal bars) at the top-right, and then click on the Help (?) icon at the bottom of the menu that comes up.

Next, click "Restart with Add-ons Disabled". Firefox will now close, and a popup window will come up. Click "Reset Firefox".

Done resetting, re-open Firefox - does the popup still come up this time?

Do keep me posted. Thank you.

still getting pop ups and web pages opening by themselves

this is one http://send.adscoops.com/r/AzcLELTqdG

Hmm, I see. Now, please download the free trial version of Hitman Pro on your current system, using the following link:

http://www.surfright.nl/en/hitmanpro/

Run the tool after downloading - follow the on-screen directions to run a comprehensive security check up of your system accordingly.

When it prompts you for a product/license key after scanning, just select the option to activate the free 30-day trial, and clean out any threats detected. Reboot thereafter; this should take care of any malware/virus present on your system.

Do keep me posted. Thank you.

32 bit or 64 bit?

will it ask me for payment info?

Download the 64-bit version, please. No, it's a free 30-day trial version, so you will not need to pay to use this tool - just make sure to select the option to activate the free trial after the scanning is complete, so that it can proceed with the removal accordingly.

Thank you.

scanned rebooted about three or four times, still getting pop up window CryFrown

OK. Without doing a remote session, it will be difficult for me to troubleshoot the issue further, so let me forward your question to our other experts who can assist further. Please do not rate until your issue has been resolved. Thank you.

would taking the computer back to another start date help this issue? (im not sure if im calling it by the correct term) But you go back to an earlier date.

If so, can you instruct me on how to do it for windows 10

will it remove my windows ten that i recently installed>?

will i lose any pictures programs or files?

Carrying out a system restore to roll your system back to a date before you first started having this issue, would help - yes. It will not remove your Windows 10 OS itself, and none of your personal files will be touched - only the programs and updates installed AFTER the restore point you select, will be rolled back with the restore.

To open up System Restore, please do this:

Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard - this will bring up the RUN box.

Type in rstrui and press ENTER.

in the window that comes up, click Next.

TICK the "Show more restore points" checkbox, and then select a restore point dated before you first started having the issue with the popups.

Click Next > Finish. Allow the restore process to complete, and then restart normally and check the issue.

Do keep me posted on the results. Thank you.

it says no restore points have been created on your computers system drive?

OK; in that case, the system restore option won't be available to fix this. Forwarding your question to our other experts now; thank you.

Tech Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can I remotely connect to your system and fix the problem ? You can see what I am doing. If interested, please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support.

Regards
Jins

Hi Jins and BRath, thank you for trying but I'm a bit disappointment that neither of you simply suggested that I remove the arcade twist program that was somehow downloaded.

Sometimes its best to start with the most simple solution instead of offering a $45 remote where you would have probably done the same thing.

I removed it from my program files and no more pop ups or anything else. Maybe you should pay me for the advice?

Please close out this question. Thanks.

Thank you for letting us know what the solution was, here. I'll close out this question and request a refund for you now.

Bryan, Computer Support Specialist