Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

Google technician ( H, C,,,. Rath, et. al.) XXXX- I am a

Customer Question

Hello there Google technician (Ryan H, John C, Andy, Jane, B. Rath, et. al.)
My name is***** am a psychologist in San Francisco and a sculptor - but if you google my name, the first huge display for me with photo and info is XXXX XXXXX, DDS - with my correct address and phone number and a picture of my office building.
This would be great is it said Robert Cantor, PhD - but it is very confusing to have this mistake so prominent for my patients - and prospective patients. The three other front page listings for me are accurate (for my sculpture website, an online gallery, and me as Robert Cantor, PhD. But the big one - YOUR fancy Google display - is incorrect and misleading. So far, all I've been able to do is put a cranky correction in the review link - but can't this be fixed?
PLEASE google my name, see what I'm talking about, read the Manta information which is all correct, and let me know how to rectify this long standing, exasperating, business harming mistake.
Many thanks, RXXXXXXXXXXXX
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please do the following to correct your information on Google:

1. Type your name on Google.com website, then press Return key.

2. Click on the map of your location on the right.

3. Move your mouse / cursor to your name at the upper left corner.

4. Then a popup window will appear.

5. Click on the option Suggest an edit at the bottom of that popup window

, (also, later on, you can also click on the option "Are you the business owner?" at the bottom, and claim it as your business.)

6. Then click on your name, then type in the correct one.

7. Click on Submit at the bottom.

If that does not work, click on the website below:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cantor+Robert+DDS/@37.7979914,-122.427643,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x808580c332bdfbc1:0xf845af9fd96847b3!10m2!1e1!2e1

, then click on your name and edit it, then submit.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried doing just what you suggest. But when I click the map for my business, there is no suggest an edit at the bottom. Only seeking a rabbi? Interfaith family? Holiday cheat sheet? What do I need to do to get to the suggest an edit link?

Thank you for replying back? I'm sorry. What exactly happens when you click on the website below, which I've provided previously:

Does it let you edit / submit, or ask you to sign in (if it asks you to sign in, then click on Sign in, and sign in, but if you do not have a google / gmail account yet, then click on the Create account option when prompted.)

If needed, how about trying on another computer if you have? And/or ask a friend or family member to try my steps on their computer?