Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

Today my internet was discontinued, saying webpage not

Customer Question

Today my internet was discontinued, saying webpage not available, or words to that effect. Mine is my.yahoo.com Then access returned late that night but with a new url: https://us-mg5.mail.yahoo.com\neo\launch?..... etc using Google Chrome
Is there a reason for this and with no word from Yahoo or Chrome?
Do you know?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry about the issue. That is normal; it shows a similar URL for my yahoo email account on my computer also. As long as you go to the yahoo.com or my.yahoo.com website, then it is fine. Depending on your location, whenever you go to the yahoo.com website, then go to your email, it will point to a specific server / website. There are millions of yahoo email accounts, so it has many servers / websites. As long as it does show yahoo.com before the first character / (forward slash) in the website address, then it is fine.
Also, if you have a friend who has yahoo email, then you can check with him/her that he/she would have a similar URL.
Do you have any further question, or have any computer issue? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Do you still need help with this? I took a screenshot of my yahoo email. It shows a similar website address link. This is normal, so you don't have to worry about it. Please click on the attachment link below to see the screenshot image:

http://i.imgur.com/XAzcVhy.jpg

If you have any further question or if you need anything else, please let me know any time. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,

I saw your question is still on the open list. Do you still need help with this?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
None of the suggestions seem to work. Please discontinue my question. It is way past time, now.....
I have used Just Answer before and have been very satisfied with the answers. But, this somehow just isn't working.
Please discontinue trying to send me an answer to the question.

I'm sorry. I was waiting for you response, so I can troubleshoot the issue with you. Did you have trouble replying back to me previously at this web page?

Are you able to go to the yahoo.com website, then click on Mail, then sign in and use your yahoo email that way?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or 10, or mac computer? Does this issue occur in another browser also, such as Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.?

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

If you'd like to continue, please let me know any time when you are available. Otherwise, no problem; this is being cancelled per your request. Next time, please reply back as soon as possible, so we can troubleshoot and fix the issue quickly for you. Thank you for replying back.