Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Windows 10 is not operating. Microsoft say it is HP problem

Customer Question

Windows 10 is not operating for me. Microsoft say it is HP problem as there are no drivers for windows 10. They cannot put me back to windows 7 but you can.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your HP computer?
When did you install Windows 10?
What happens when you use Windows 10? Is there any error or message?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pavilion g6
several days after it became available
Everything comes on screen. Setting indicate sleep times which don't work. I cannot scan documents HP 1600 telss me there a software failure

What's the approximate date did you install Windows 10?
Do you have the windows 7 or recovery / restore disk?
Are you able to back up your data files, such as documents, photos, etc. to a USB external hard drive or USB flash drive?

Is the HP printer model Laserjet 1600 or Officejet 6100, etc.?

Is printing still working fine? Or does only the scanning have issue?
Turn off the laptop, then turn it back on, then right away, keep pressing and releasing the key F11 on the keyboard, does it give you a recovery menu?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10 installed early August. I have no Windows 7 disk or recovery/ restore disk. Yes could back up to USB stick. I turned off the laptop, turned it on and repeatedly pressed F11. Nothing happened certainly no recovery menu. Only yesterday after 7 calls to Microsoft support was I told that there were no HP drivers for my laptop for windows 10. Iwas only told then that there was a 28 day term for reverting to windows 7 which had expired. The problems were HP's
you waited more than a month before asking for support on this issue.
Do you mean you cannot use the windows 10 computer at all? Are you able to use the Internet on the windows 10 computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I first contacted Microsoft Support on 14 August about 10 days after installation. That was the first time they answered the phone! They answered some queries then but would ring back the next day about others. They finally contacted me a week later on 21 August.. I can use the my laptop with windows 10 to for most applications but with some difficulty. My internet connection appears to be working OK
Thank you. Since it's past 30 days, you would need to get the Windows 7 / recovery / restore disk (unless you have it) from HP in order to get back to Windows 7. Otherwise, I can try to help fixing any issue you have with Windows 10. Let me know what programs that are not working or not working well, so I can help. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The response on your last e-mail wouldn't open so I've gone back to the original. How would I get and how much would a recovery disk cost?. My main problems are that sleep time occurs after 2 minutes and a password ***** ***** on awakening. Although settings are for 30 min battery and 1hr mains and no password ***** on wakening. Also I cannot scan documents from my HP 1600 machine. That's all I've found so far. I feel really pi**** that I wasn't told about reverting although I asked for it to be done.
Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can try to troubleshoot the sleep issue and scanning issue first? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As you presumably need my input from this end cold we leave it until tomorrow between 0800-1600. We're on summer time so its 1715 here now.
Are you still available now? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, no. Tomorrow OK
OK, please reply at this web page tomorrow when you are ready. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Ready to go.
Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=8820a11c-ca23-423d-ba10-9394089a99d8
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
Thank you; please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:
http://connect.teamviewer.com
Then download / run the file called TeamViewerQS...
Then tell me the ID and password ***** will provide in the TeamViewer program.
Do not close the TeamViewer program.